PDA

View Full Version : bad day :(

lucyloulucylou
22-01-11, 22:41
hello, i suffer with panic attacks, generalised anxiety disorder and depression. So iv just started week 4 of taking 10mg citalopram a day, thursday was the first good day iv had in months, yesterday was good too, even managed to get a hair cut then for no reason at all i cried for about an hour before i went to sleep and had a disturbed sleep from 1am-3.30pm!! all day iv been like a zombie, feel like im on another planet, feel like i can only move from my bedroom to the sitting room. i thought i was starting to get better, now dreading waking up tomorrow because i know im going to feel the same as i did today. got doctors on friday, thinking about upping my dosage but not sure if this will help? or maybe trying cbt too? need some advice :( feel like im never going to feel normal again, all i want is to be able to enjoy life

verity
22-01-11, 23:53
Hi hun

Speak to your dr about the symptoms you are getting. They could be releated to the fact you have started a new tablet. Personally I would not up a dose until I was sure any side effects from the initial dose had calmed down. If they do not then citalopram may not be for you. Pills effect people in different ways. As for cbt I highly recommend it! Therapy does help! As for normal...no-one is normal seriously! but I know what you mean you want the anxiety to not control you. You can learn to manage it and lead a more productive life. Get some therapy and take every day one day at a time. xx

lucyloulucylou
23-01-11, 00:06
thank you for your re-assurance :)