PDA

View Full Version : Terrified

dodo
23-01-11, 08:54
So I have had some really scary things happen lately and it's affecting day to day and my sleep.

Last week I was sat at work reading through done papers and I had a building up feeling in the centre of my chest which got very uncomfortable and my head went a bit full. It was definitely my heart. Usually skep beats etc just feel like a quick flip flop further down but thus was dead centre like they say heart attacks are, and it really made me feel odd.

That night I woke immune night with a bolt as it felt like something snapped or exploded with a big squeeze in my head and it made me feel sick. I thought I'd lost consciousness, not just sleep unconcioucess.

Last night I was dreaming and in my dream I lost conciousness for a split second 4 times. Trouble is I don't know whether I was just dreaming it happened or whether it actually happened and transferred into my dream.

I just can't rest now.

I have been getting a crawling type of feeling deep in my head in the muddle for about a week on and off.

I'm so very scared I just don't know what's happening to me. I toss and turn all night and ding sleep properly.

dodo
23-01-11, 09:22
Ps apologies for spelling as I'm on my phone.

I have been really dizzy recently. I am 5 weeks pregnant and the dr will just put it down to that but I just don't feel 'right'. This is my second so I know what to expect.

My forearms have been aching as well and I'm worried about a brain tumour or stroke or anyerism etc again as I gave a small tingly patch on my lip.

dodo
23-01-11, 10:21
25 views and no one can help me :(

daisycake
23-01-11, 10:24
:hugs: x
Don't know what to say - except I've had that kind of thing in dreams as well. Maybe see your GP and see what they say but I'm sure it's just anxiety. Thinking of you, feel better soon x

breanna
23-01-11, 10:59
not sure on the tingly patch on ur lips? are they really dry? is it cold where u are? dizziness is often normal during pregnancy, ur blood pressure seems to be a little lower then normal in the beginning! thats what my doc told me! Also make sure ur eating enuff because baby and placenta take a lot of nutrients!also when ur pregnant ur body has to adapt to blood sugar levels! im 9 months pregnant and the dizziness is what made me.know inwas pregnant! its okay it will get better:) just eat right and stay healthy!

dodo
23-01-11, 11:16
I remember having the odd bit of dizziness with my first but not like this. I can feel like the room is spinning all of a sudden. Low grade nausea has started today as well which us coming at the sane time and I honestly thought I was going to loose concioucesness or something. Is it normal to feel light headed when you feel slightly nauseous? I didn't gave sickness and nausea the first time and am rarely sick so I dong know if that's normal?

dodo
23-01-11, 11:18
Oh and my bp was normal the other day at the dr, if not s little high at 120/80

breanna
23-01-11, 12:29
all pregnancies are different, i have 3 boys and prego with a girl and oh man this pregnancy is way diff! nausea, vomiting, morning sickness and bad bad anxiety! there actually a lil concerned baby is a lil small for 38 weeks but i havent gained a lot of weight with all the nausea and everything! i would just talk to your doctor, they can do bloodwork to rule out anything if ur slight anemic or blood sugar is off:) i worried the whole pregnancy and im perfectly healthy!

dodo
23-01-11, 12:43
Wow 4! I am panicking about having two lol.

Good luck with the birth!

PokerFace
23-01-11, 21:06
Hiii dodo, congratulations :)

I've had similar feelings in the middle of my chest, like my heart was swelling up or gearing up to go mad and give out on me, didn't really hurt just felt like my heart was getting bigger. Idk if it's exactly the same for you? I've had it many many times though, I had a very bad few weeks after Christmas and it was happening a lot and I had no idea what it could be, I'm still sitting here though and it's stopped happening so all it could be was anxiety and/or trapped air. There is nothing wrong with your heart though, you've had an echo right?

You've been to the opticians and doctor about the head symptoms and the numb patch on your lip and they said all was fine, remember you're probably concentrating on that numb patch on your lip quite a lot which in turn is making it more obvious and more worrying.

I'm not so sure about the dreams, so sorry I can't help much with that but one thing I do know is that dreams usually end up containing something you've been thinking of in the day. Dreams are usually just your brains way of sorting things out that you've thought about or done that day but it get's it all muddled up and you usually end up with a really dodgy dream. Funny what your brain does with your thoughts, fears and memories when you're asleep.

You're in quite a high state of anxiety again which is understandable with all you're going through at the moment but remember you've been through this before and come out the other side which means you will again. xx

Edit: That congratulations was for your pregnancy not for feeling so anxious again! Read it back and sounded quite awful of me lol sorry. x

louise68041
23-01-11, 23:23
Hi dodo... as for the strange dreams you've been having, I've suffered for years with nightmares and night terrors. Stress and anxiety have such a big impact on your sleep. My health anxiety is really under control now and so my nightmares have become fewer and the ones i do get are not so bad either. Often when i've had these nightmares im unable to tell whether im concsious or actually asleep, but i do know its completely harmless, just a bad dream, and although its rather unpleasant its nothing to worry about. hope this helps....x

dodo
24-01-11, 09:45
Hi pokerface

Good description there, heart getting bigger is exactly what it felt like. I was sure it would burst! Did you ever mention it to anyone? Wonder if you got any explanations?

I think hormones are wreaking havoc with me at the moment. I am managing to get back to sleep easier. But I find myself every morning waking up anxious. I wish I could stop it, it's like I have no control over my body.

I keep feeling like I need to gasp for breath every so often, keep taking deep breaths like I'm suffocating, and often feel wheezy.

Strangely I had another dream last night that I had given birth twice and was asleep for the whole thing both times! Odd what goes on on your mind when you're seemingly relaxing!

dodo
24-01-11, 09:47
Ps thanks Louise. I did doubt whether I'd remembered properly when I woke up but I guess dreams can feel very real can't they.

PokerFace
24-01-11, 12:19
I casually mentioned that I felt like my heart was swelling up in my chest to my mum once and she was just like "impossible :dry:" so! It has stopped now I've calmed down a bit so I don't think it's anything life threatening. Probably isn't even the heart causing that feeling, most likely cause is trapped air or chest muscles stretching/spasming something like that.

LOL, your dream :D, probably dreamt of that cuz you're worrying about having two children and giving birth twice is how your brain played it out in your mind while you were asleep! I have vivid dreams almost every night for aslong as I can remember, I'd probably miss them if they stopped lol! xx