PDA

View Full Version : Left leg pain still :( extremely worried. Any help would be so appreciated.

ElectricAlice
23-01-11, 12:30
My left leg is still hurting, it's been about 3 weeks now. I'm so scared it's something bad, like a blood clot. The pain is all up the back of my leg, especially behind my knee. And coming down the inside of my thigh. It's not excruciating pain, more like a tight uncomfortable strange pain. It can ache at night or when I'm sitting badly, and hurt when I'm walking sometimes too. No swelling or redness. Sometimes it feels hot but not to touch, if that makes sense. I get pelvic pain and back pain too.

I got a blood test for clots, and examined at the hospital and the doctor said its definitely not DVT. Blood test came back fine. Is that accurate?

I can't stop worrying. Even when I feel relaxed I still get the pain. It comes on and off though, it's not 100% there all the time.

Please can someone help. It's becoming an obsession and fear and I don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this?

ladybird64
23-01-11, 13:26
Alice, you need to try and concentrate on getting help for your Health Anxiety from your GP.

I answered your post the other day after you had twisted your ankle and you thought you had a break..did you go to the hospital then?

I'm so sorry you lost your mum to DVT hun but try and realise that you have had all these tests to rule out the possibility of clots..I'm assuming your mum didn't.

Or being a mum she may have had some symptoms and not gone to the GP..you may not know for sure but you know that you have and you are ok.

Test at the hospital also confirm this. It is two different situations although I know how hard it is to see that when you are so scared and still grieving.

Take care :flowers:

ElectricAlice
23-01-11, 16:13
I just don't understand how it can be anxiety when it's gotten worse this weekend when I'm sure I've been more relaxed and not tensing it. :(

ElectricAlice
23-01-11, 17:24
Any advice or help would be great :( I've been to the doctors about anxiety and she said she'll post a letter to try get someone to help me. But this could take months. I'm so worried about this pain. It feels so tight and sore. I don't understand why it's just in one leg :( can anyone help?

j2
23-01-11, 18:32
Alice,

I am no doctor and I am not so good at taking my own advice but I truly believe that the root of your pain is anxiety. If the doctor has not sent you for further testing then I would focus on the anxiety. In my case, I am tense all the time and this messes with my whole body in several ways. The first is that all the tension puts pressure on my nerves and thus I get pain. The pain will last for weeks or months and then the anxiety makes me fear the pain and the cycle continues. Also, I don't get enough exercise and thus my muscles don't get stretched out and worked. Anxiety frequently puts me in such a funk that I don't feel like exercises. Anxiety and the hormones it releases "fatigue" my nervous system this makes my aging back and neck feel even worse. I know that you are scared and sore. I do yoga, swim, take 5htp and use hypnotherapy cd's for relaxation. I read books by claire weekes and do my best to speak openly about my fears with my doctor. I see a chiropractor too. Still I suffer and I fear the worst at all times but I am able to get through most days. As for your specific pain, you could try stretching and a myofacial massage. I really do know how you feel and truly wish I could take your and my pain away but I can't. Try to stretch and relax and talk to your doctor about your fears and maybe taking meds for your fears. They help many people and may help you. Good luck.

ElectricAlice
23-01-11, 21:07
Thanks so much for the advice, I'll try everything you said. Thank you xxx

j2
24-01-11, 14:37
Alice,

I hope these suggestions help but please don't think they are a cure all. I struggle everyday. The things I suggested help me live my life but they are gradual so please don't set yourself up for a fall if they don't "fix" everything. Good luck and let me know how things work out.

ElectricAlice
24-01-11, 21:12
I'm still so so worried :(

Utility
24-01-11, 23:26
Hi

Please take note of what you said earlier when you commented that you were "obsessing" about it. This is feeding your fear and anxiety over the leg pain and making it linger on.

You have been examined by the experts and they have rulled out any physical concerns. Try your hardest to focus on this positve point and it will help.

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 15:50
The pain seems to be getting worse. It hurts when I walk now. I did more walking over the weekend, could the pain be worse because I exercised the muscles?

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 15:54
Also I read a while ago that when you have DVT and point your foot back towards your body it hurts more. This happens to me :( is this normal? Does it mean when you pull it back a little it should really hurt? Mine isn't excruciating... Just random stabby pains and tight weird feelings :(

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 18:21
Please someone.. I'm freaking out