PDA

View Full Version : lump in back feeling / swallowing ..

Greenman50
23-01-11, 13:52
I,ve been haveing this for about a month now (ongoing appointment with the doc and due back next week)

Been on cit for 7-8 days plus valium 2 mg one at night . I always wake up with what feels like mucous stuck in my throat chest , and when i swallow i feel a lump in my back weather i,m eating or not , but worse when i,m eating like food stuck but i know its not . I,m always coughing up a clear mucous from the back of my throat and wonder if the lump feeling is a strained muscle from keep on coughing stuff up since xmas ? When i cough the imagined lump hurts .

Now i,m sat hear , i,ve had a number of beers and the lump feeling has all but disappeared ?

I swallow and hardly notice it . Is it because i,m relaxed (a bit pissed) ? I also get the lupus throat (lump) but not all the time , this has now nearly gone , could it be anxiety related , a bad habit as its on my mind all the time or what ?

It stress,s me out all the time and is a constant worry . As i say i,m under the doc and she thinks its anxiety plus i,m just getting over what possibly was a case of "silent reflux" , which gave me a two month chronic sore throat which is better now as i,m on acid reflux meds .

I just feel if i could get over this last health hurdle i could get my life back on track and come off the cit / valium in the next month or so .

Sorry for the long post , i know others have much more serious problems than me but i just want to get back to work and back to normal for the wife and kids sake .

Thanks all

natalie21
23-01-11, 14:32
I have exactly the same problem as u, i feel like there is something stuck in my throat but i dont cough up anything. I think this is anxiety as i am a sufferer, i too got told it was acid reflux and was put on meds but i had 2 stop as they gave me headaches. i worry alot and i sympathize with u as its not nice, people say do something 2 take your mind off it but thats easier said than done ey? Id keep going with the cit n valium because it can take up 2 a month 4 them to get in ur system, hope u feel a little reassured ur not the only 1 that suffers it, just another joy of anxiety lol x