PDA

View Full Version : period with large clot

bexy84
23-01-11, 15:51
so my last period was on the 31st dec....21st jan started light brown spotting, i thought maybe an early period??? but then yesterday i felt somthing so i went to the toilet and i had passed a large clot about golf ball size and it was bright red .... today i am just back to light brown discharge.....last smear was this time last year and all was normal...........i am worried i have cervical cancer and this has caused the big clot!!! i havent had anything like this before please help!! and i am not pregnant and there is no chance i mite have been !!!! i have had swobs taken to check for infection but the docs reckon its just a heavy short period..............soo scared i just keep thinking jade goody i am only 26b and have 2 small boys :-(

elainey70
23-01-11, 16:01
Hi Bexy

I used to get them all the time, it's nothing to worry about. Mines was linked to polystaistic ovaries, this caused very heavy periods with large clots. Now i have the mirena coil so don't have that problem anymore. Take care x

suzy-sue
23-01-11, 16:05
Its nothing to worry about .If it continues you may need D&C .Or think abt having the Mirena COIL .I had one fitted and it stopped the problem too .. Sue x

bexy84
23-01-11, 21:38
Thankyou for your replies, do you think I need another smear?? My last one was this time last year

suzy-sue
23-01-11, 22:15
No this is not necessary ..im sure it isnt to do with anything serious .Sometimes it just happens .Unless its happening ,all through every period .I really wouldnt do anything . t/c sue x

Mogwog
27-01-11, 13:41
Hi

I have had this too, as has my sister - she actually phoned me from work in the loo!
Don't know what it was but have had it a few times. Not for a few years now though.

Hope you are feeling better.

Laura.xxxxxx