PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Change This Morning

mtatum4496
23-01-11, 16:11
Had something nice happen and wanted to share.

Some will recall that earlier this month, I experienced a rather severe panic attack during a Sunday morning worship service (communion actually - my particular faith holds the Lord's Supper on the first Sunday of every month). While I made it through the entire service, the episode left me totally exhausted for the rest of the day and a good bit of the next. It was easily the worst panic attack I've had in some time.

Since then, I've had additional panic attacks at church, although not the humdinger of that particular episode.

Today, before I went to church I decided to experiment a bit and take 1/8 mg of Xanax - a ridiculously low dose I know, but I wanted to see what would happen. Sure enough I did have a little discomfort in terms of anxiety, but it did not accelerate to the point I felt I was having an attack. I also noticed I didn't squirm around as much as usual and it was a little easier to concentrate on different worship elements throughout the service.

Best of all, I ran by the grocers on the way home and managed to navigate the store with almost no discomfort, something that only makes today an even better one.

Now with these successes behind me, I'm looking forward to having my best Sunday since the beginning of 2011. I wish each and every one of you the same! :yesyes:

willitstop
23-01-11, 16:33
well done :)

paula lynne
23-01-11, 18:16
Great news, hope you continue to feel good..:D