PDA

View Full Version : kava kava

Humly
29-03-06, 09:48
Does anyone know whats happening with Kava Kava. I know that it was banned from he market in the uk but have there been any further developments?

Piglet
29-03-06, 10:01
You know I think this stuff is marvellous - it really did help for me but then it got banned. I too, like you, would like to know if it ever gets the all clear, as it would be back in my cupboard like a shot!!!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

trevor
29-03-06, 11:12
hi guys,

i would love to try this kava kava i know we can buy it over the net but i dont think it will ever become legal here for reasons such as the big pharmacuticle companys didnt like it cause it was that good and it was out selling there products,,

piglet you said you had tried it was it good any side effects cause i am thinking of buying some from the net,,
let me know piglet please cause i am scared to take any a,d,s, i have tried st johns wort which was ok but would love to try kava kava ,,

thanks,,

trevor,:D

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

Piglet
29-03-06, 12:22
Trevor it really is a shame it was banned - do you think that was why then??

Meg do you know anything about that???

I didn't have any side effects that I can recall and I think it had what I imagine is the effect of valium. The first one I took in the cafe at British Home Stores I could feel wash through me in a lovely calm way.

I think I took them for 6 months on and off before they were banned. I say on and off because thats how they tell you to take them because they can lose their effectiveness. So I took them one month on and one month off, or something like that.

I have taken quite a few herbal things in my time and also had prozac for 3 months and that was by far the best thing I used. I think if I had them again I would take them for a month and then only on an as needed basis.

The ones I bought were widely available even in Tescos etc and they came in a blister packet.

Still important to realise there is no such thing as a magic pill and obviously diet, exercise and therapy are the main ways to succeed but this undoubtably worked as an aid to feeling calmer for me

Let me know if you find out more about this .

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Piglet
29-03-06, 12:23
Trevor just to add that Kava Kava I think is better for anxiety as opposed to depression, which I think the St Johns Wort is better for.

Love Piglet

yinunit
12-04-06, 17:48
For the latest on Kava check www.cropwatch/kava.html and www.cropwatch.org/kavaupdate.html

raverbaby
13-04-06, 21:36
i ve heard it was banned as can cause terrible liver damage!

yinunit
14-04-06, 00:36
The part of Kava traditionally used for therapeutic purposes is the root. I believe that an unscrupulous producer mixed leaves & stem with the root & thus caused the said liver toxicity