PDA

View Full Version : feeling extreme anxiety cant find no way out

honeyp1e
23-01-11, 19:42
so the past few weeks have been bad well on and off for me but the past few days have just been BAD =( am suffering with burning chest & throat as when i went through real bad anxiety i lost my appetite so my lining of my stomach is now imflamed and i have been eating all the wrong things that basically make it worse anyway i had to go back the doctors who upped by tablets to heal the lining of my stomach and told me to go onto a bland diet and nothing else for a few weeks untill my tablets start working and the lining starts healing...............
But in the mean time am just not coping at all am crying none stop =( just feeling totally down (am dying for a piece of chocolate) which i cant have on a bland diet............. i realy just feel like giving up now am sick of living with anxiety i have had it to long and i dont think i can cope any longer with this................ why does it have to be me ?? why do i have to suffer all these pains & topping it off anxiety and now i feel am going backwards as i dont feel like eating again well i dont feel i can eat anymore am getting a big lump in my throat as soon as i go to eat or even when i just think about what to have to eat and after i have eaten it even though its bland and not meant to bother me am getting that big lump feeling in my throat my bf said this is just anxiety as am thinking about all the pains and that heartburn etc..... =/

i just feel that life is taking me backwards again i cant cope

Horse
23-01-11, 20:07
It would appear that you have hit the point that we all endure from time to time, and that it, "What is the point?"

I know that everyday to us is a challenge and we don't have much to look forward to upon waking up (that's of course providing we have managed to sleep in the first place).

I personally have suffered a burning stomach and discomfort to the point of nausea everyday now for about two months and consequently previous to this on a fairly regular basis since having my Gallbladder out some 19 months ago.

Yes, the appetite does obviously suffer and some days I have not eaten at all, which does not help matters any. Let's face it, we are suppose to be able to eat all types of food on a regular basis in order to survive and provide our body with the essential nutrients. Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, if we can't then there is something wrong!

I believe the main cause for stomach inflammation is acid normally, which is naturally produced in order to help digest our food. Obviously, if we are not eating regularly or there are long periods inbetween meals then that acid will start to work on our stomach lining instead producing pain, burning and discomfort extending from the stomach and sometimes all points north towards the mouth!

This in turn will cause us worry and further Anxiety which will result in more acid and more inflammation etc, etc. Add this together with our already heightened level of Anxiety and you have a rather sinister cocktail of misery!

I think the answer is to try and calm things to the point that nothing in your life is worth worrying about to the extent of getting yourself in a state is concerned. Things are going to happen whether you worry about them or not, in my experience.

Give the tabs time to work and take it from there. If there is no change then return to the Doctor. You say that you are not coping, but that is exactly what you are doing! One day or even an hour at a time.

Nature takes its time and things won't happen overnight. Your tears are just your emotions coming out and releasing some pressure, which is no bad thing anyway.

Horse.

honeyp1e
23-01-11, 20:47
am just sick of feeling sick and bein in burning pain and then to top it all off my anxiety is at its high well i feel it is.. i no the more i worry and that the worse i will feel but ow do we tell ourselves not to worry my main concern is the not eating as am trying to recover from not eating for over 5 months due to my anxiety went sky high in aug 2010 and i lost all appetite and lost 2stone which i was only 8st to start with so i have now gained just a little of 8lb and dont want to lose it again so the not eating is really ustrating and making me feel angry with myself that i cant eat when i want to...............
and doc said go on bland diet but i have a very sweet tooth and now am craving for sweets and chocolate and need a replacement thats bland for these

anx mum
23-01-11, 20:48
so the past few weeks have been bad well on and off for me but the past few days have just been BAD =( am suffering with burning chest & throat as when i went through real bad anxiety i lost my appetite so my lining of my stomach is now imflamed and i have been eating all the wrong things that basically make it worse anyway i had to go back the doctors who upped by tablets to heal the lining of my stomach and told me to go onto a bland diet and nothing else for a few weeks untill my tablets start working and the lining starts healing...............
But in the mean time am just not coping at all am crying none stop =( just feeling totally down (am dying for a piece of chocolate) which i cant have on a bland diet............. i realy just feel like giving up now am sick of living with anxiety i have had it to long and i dont think i can cope any longer with this................ why does it have to be me ?? why do i have to suffer all these pains & topping it off anxiety and now i feel am going backwards as i dont feel like eating again well i dont feel i can eat anymore am getting a big lump in my throat as soon as i go to eat or even when i just think about what to have to eat and after i have eaten it even though its bland and not meant to bother me am getting that big lump feeling in my throat my bf said this is just anxiety as am thinking about all the pains and that heartburn etc..... =/

i just feel that life is taking me backwards again i cant cope

Totely understand how u feel hun im the same im so sick of living with this anxiety havin horrible pains and having horrible thoughts. Sending u a :hugs:

honeyp1e
24-01-11, 01:27
Totely understand how u feel hun im the same im so sick of living with this anxiety havin horrible pains and having horrible thoughts. Sending u a :hugs:

Thanks x :bighug1:

mercer88
24-01-11, 02:11
As a ludicrously negative person it literally causes me pain to say this but...

...You (OW!) keep on trucking (OUCH!) girl! (OOH!)...

Seriously, life has given me so many ups and downs I feel like a whore's drawers sometimes, and God damn there isn't usually a day goes by that I don't hate. But I am a miserable oaf with little to live for, so if I can keep on plugging away at this (in my opinion futile) game called life then you sure as hell can; You've got a fella, you've got yourself, and you've got the future potential for chocolate and nice food to keep you going!

Stick to your rubbish diet (in the knowledge that you'll soon be able to eat nice things) keep striving away, and one day, you may just find the balance that eludes me and live a joyful and anxiety free existence.

Hope everything comes good for you.

honeyp1e
26-01-11, 00:31
i just hope one day i can do to x x
thats all i wish for a great NORMAL life x

Greenman50
26-01-11, 19:21
Hi Honeypie

Sorry you are suffering , i,ve been there with the acid stomach , its just sorting itself out after months .

Can i ask what meds you are on . I was / am on lansoprazle 30 mg in the morning but i,m also takeing ranitidine 150 mg as and when needed which helped really well alongside the lansoprazle . You have to take them at different times , if you want any info just ask .

IT WILL HEAL , but unfortuneately it does take time .

kat-on-hot-bricks
31-01-11, 02:11
Hi
I've just joined on this site tonight (been using it for 7 years lol), I read your post and feel that I can offer you some help:) I had exact same and started probiotic yogurt its helped no end:) I don't know if I can tell you the brand but its yeo valley organic natural probiotic yogurt. Hope this helps.