PDA

View Full Version : Looking for friends who understand

FreeSpirit
23-01-11, 20:07
Hi everyone : )

my names fran..I'm 51 and live in Yorkshire, I've had panic and anxiety disorder with agoraphobia for almost 4 years now..it came totally out of the blue.. I don't know any other fellow sufferers.. this is the first forum I've ever joined..I'm here to read the posts..to find out what helps others and in turn offer support if I can..I like to think I'm a very friendly person xx

nomorepanic
23-01-11, 20:09
Hi FreeSpirit

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

eternally optimistic
23-01-11, 20:10
Hi Fran

Glad you found the site, it is a great place.

I am sure many of us can offer support and you the same.

Hope you enjoy being on here and it offers you some reassurance.

JaneC
23-01-11, 20:12
:welcome: Fran, good to have you here x

FreeSpirit
23-01-11, 20:18
Thanks everyone :)

linjoy
23-01-11, 21:06
Hi Free spirit I live in Yorkshire as well , bit older than you and have suffered from anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember, you are amongst friends here. Welcome to the club!

FreeSpirit
24-01-11, 15:28
Thanks linjoy :)

Luckily I don't suffer with depression..both my mother and hubby have suffered since childhood/teens so I'm familiar with the living hell that is depression..anyway I hope today is a good day for you.

shoegal
24-01-11, 15:42
Hello Fran. I also suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia. Please feel free to PM me if you fancy a chat. It can be a very lonely illness. :flowers:

buster_uk1967
24-01-11, 16:43
Hi Fran. I am from east yorkshire. I am suffering anxiety and panic.

FreeSpirit
27-01-11, 16:19
Thanks shoegal..very kind of you :) xx

chatterbox
27-01-11, 18:54
hi free spirit
Yes i feel the same as you and have agrophobia and anxiety so do understand and im fairly new to this site also. It helps to know that im not alone.
I do venture out and i do panic at times but i tend to try and keep within my safety zones and wont travell to far afield i live in kent i have family in Yorkshire and dorset regards holly

buster_ukyoung
05-03-16, 21:07
Fran if you ever return here its Ian from hull.
things have taken a turn for the worse. My life is ending due to being a personal matter. If you ever see this thank you for your help all those years ago. Thank you so much Fran.

Tyke
06-03-16, 03:19
Welcome, Fran. You'll find this is a great forum with lots of help and support and plenty of Yorkshire folk on here too!

buster ukyoung - Why are things so bad for you? Why do you say your life is ending? Have you been told this by a medical professional? If it is because you are feeling low mentally there is stacks of help out there, the Samaritans are always there when things are that bad. If things are bad for you they don't have to stay that way. Seek help if you need it, I certainly have. That's what those people are there for.

Tyke

pollynewsome
06-03-16, 08:50
Hi another anxiety sufferer from West Yorkshire! Keep strong:)

buster_ukyoung
06-03-16, 11:03
hi Fran. Hope you visit this site again. We became friends on here. Hope you are doing ok.
if you pass by this message please contact me via pm. Would be good to hear from you.

Ian from hull.