PDA

View Full Version : new member, lost

mistymorning
23-01-11, 22:56
Hi, I'm new to this site. I Have used some other phobia/ CBT sites before but I've just come across NMP. I don't want to rattle on, but I'll try to give a bit of background.

I suffer from anxiety, depression and emetophobia.

I have been in counselling for about a year now and am on beta blockers for heart palpitations. Both of these things have helped me greatly however I have found that, even though I am managing my panic attacks and anxiety a lot better now, I've been experiencing a lot of other issues.
Mainly, I've been really struggling with low moods and very low confidence/ self esteem.

My counsellor recently left and so I am on a break before finding another. I feel very lost and alone as the only person I can really talk to is my boyfriend and I often feel that my issues are a burden and don't want to bother him all the time.

I don't know how others feel? but I haven't had much luck with GPs as I feel they don't give you the time and understanding needed. My regular GP told me that "I am showing signs of depression but I am not depressed". This made me feel like I don't have valid reasons for my feelings. This incident was months ago and my symptoms have got much worse, but I am afraid to return to the doctors as I don't think they'll take me seriously.

Anyway, hope I can find some people here that have had similar experiences as I don't have many people I can talk to! :)

nomorepanic
23-01-11, 22:57
Hi mistymorning

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.