PDA

View Full Version : great, its back!

rosa123
24-01-11, 00:32
Ive had health anxiety for 6 months and i was fine for the past two weeks after a few counselling sessions but now its back to start ruining my life again. sorry for the pessimism im just so frustrated im trying to deal with the fact i have "meningitis" or a "brain tumour" or the fact im back in this horrendous cycle. my headache is currently so bad i can barely see coupled with a stiff neck and pains in my ear and left arm. I dont know about all of you but i cant get myself out of this black and white negative thinking pattern, why do i always assume the worst?! why can i be normal and think i have a cold! its such a awful thing to deal with yet i also have the guilt of when its revealed i have nothing wrong with me there are people who are genuinely ill and dying although im convinced thats me right now and im too scared to sleep in case my flat mates find me dead in two days (why staying awake prevents my death i dont know)..i HATE this so much. sorry for the depressing post im just so annoyed and i also apologise for people who have been suffering from this for years i honestly dont know how you get through it, its amazingly awful how powerful the mind is

angelica1414
24-01-11, 01:56
hi rosa
i hear what your saying and understand too well how things that happen to us get blown out of proportion, i was just looking round the site as iv only been on here about a week, and before reading your post i read the health anxiety bit, the link on the side <<<<<< im blown away by how much sense it made to me, its quite long but i think well worth reading, its made loads of sense to me, and im someone who has suffered with this condition for over 21 years! give it a read if you havent already :winks: and i hope things start to feel better for you soon, linda x