PDA

View Full Version : Just want to communicate with a human being!

mercer88
24-01-11, 01:56
Hi guys,

Not been on here in a while. Massive developments in my life but too long to talk about.

The problem I am facing at that moment is that I seem to have no one to talk to. I have friends, divided between two places but, quite numerous in both; but neither group seems to ever invite me anywhere, ask me anywhere or, even care to see me unless I suggest the idea!

Even then, I arrange to meet friends and something comes up at the last minute that means I end up stuck around on my own as usual.

I'm getting over a bout of quite severe anxiety and, to be honest, the biggest factor in helping me through it was seeing people who cared about me but, now that I am improving nobody seems to give two hoots about me anymore and, no matter what I do to try and interact with people it always seems to come to nothing.

It has been a big step (something nearly a decade in the making!) for me to desire human company again but; now that I strive for it, I only seem to be being let down. This is irritating. It feels like no matter how hard I reach out for humanity it always seems to push me away and, to be honest, makes me wonder why I bothered in the first place. I'd love to meet new people and make new friends but, making new friends is all about networking, and since all my existing acquaintances seem to think I enjoy sitting around on my own feeling sorry for myself I can't damn well meet new people can I!?

I don't even know what I'm trying to achieve from this.

A heavy dose of sympathy and the potential for a good night out in Ipswich would be a good start!

Thanks for anyone who bothers to read this.