PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning house with HA

JavaJoy01
24-01-11, 02:41
I've been suffering from GAD for about 2 years now which led to Health Anxiety. One thing I notice is suffering as I suffer is my home.

I can't afford a house cleaner, yet I don't have the energy to clean it myself. I have OCD when it comes to being clean and organized and I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I get more stressed when the house falls apart. Floors need to be mopped and vacuumed, bathrooms need to be cleaned, laundry needs to be done, bird cages need to be cleaned, dust, dishes, bills.. Ugh..I had to work yesterday so I had just today to relax and get housework done and instead I suffered all day. I kept getting ear pressure which would cause me to go into an anxiety attack. I was exhausted and very stressed. Needless to say it's now time for bed and nothing got done.

For those of you with health anxiety and as well as panic attacks, how do you handle house chores?

StephieLane2105
24-01-11, 10:25
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with Anxiety. I suffer with Health anxiety also, and I know how mentally & physically draining it can be...I must say though that I actually find housework to be of help. If I get stuck in to the cleaning, and ironing especially I find very thereputic....perhaps it's due to the OCD that you suffer more with this I am not sure!
Perhaps if you split it in to sections, rather than just looking at the whole house and thinking aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Just think "right, I'm going to dust the front room" then do it whilst listening to music, or having the tv on....then once that is done, have a cup of tea and decide which bit to do next? Each time you get a bit done the satisfaction will calm the anxiety down I'm sure.

Hope this is at least of some help

Stephie xx