PDA

View Full Version : foods for panic

mirry
29-03-06, 11:39
last night i was watching "you are what you eat"

Gillian said the best food for stress was the herb PARSLEY because it is a vitamin and mineral power house that contains B vitamins, Zinc and magnesium and lots of other usefull minerals.
She recommended it to her client who was making too much cortisol because she was stressed out alot.

I JUST BEEN TO MARKET AND GOT 2 BIG BUNCHES WORTH AND AM THINKING OF BUYING SEEDS AND GROWING IT BY THE BUCKET LOAD.

the question is any ideas what i do with it now i got it LOL,

recipes greatly recieved:D

mirryx

Karen
29-03-06, 12:49
Hi Mirry

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">the question is any ideas what i do with it now i got it LOL</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Do a Google search for recipe ideas I guess!!!

What was suggested in the programme? Any ideas from that?

Personally, I find it easier to take vitamin pills. Much less hard work!

Sorry, cookery is not my thing!

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

jackie
29-03-06, 12:51
get gillians book im sure she has ideas, i have it in my room will look parsley up and let you know if it is in ther

you definitely put it in your foods but not sure if you can put it in teas or anything. dont think so.

salads maybe?

sorry i cant help more but i will look it up and get back to you

jackie

Ma Larkin
29-03-06, 13:17
Hi Mirry,

Definitely make parsley sauce with fish. Gorgeous!

Les, x

mirry
29-03-06, 13:24
LOL, vitamin pills i like that.

I did have 2 of dr gillians books and all the meals were way to whacky, i tried some and hated them........quinoa was dull even with nutmeg and cinamon.
Yes please can you let us know what she writes about parsley in her book , thanks (going to hunt ideas now).

mirryx

Paddington
29-03-06, 14:25
you can make a tea out of it bypouring boiling waterover it and infusing it for 20 mins[dont drink ifyou have inflamed kidneys]you can add parsley to home made burgers and stews,or even make butter mixin it with butter lemon,sea salt and black pepper,parleu sauce too as has been said.it's nice mixed in with steamed spuds or chopped into omelletes!happy cooking.love mary-rose.xxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Piglet
29-03-06, 14:53
I have a pot growing on my backdoor step which my neighbour gave me from her garden. I have had it for 8 months now and it just keeps growing and all for free!!!!

Mirry when I remember (and will from now on) I pick a few sprigs and cut/chop it up and add for garnish on practically any meal I cook.

I tend to add it at the last minute to any rice or pasta dish or put it on jacket potates and even in the odd sandwich.

I am also doing this with fresh spinach leaves from tesco too - adding the chopped bits to everything in sight.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

mirry
29-03-06, 16:15
TODAY , I HAD SWEET POTATO FOR LUNCH,
I FRIED SOME PARSLEY AND ADD IT TOO A MAYONAISE,
IT TASTE A BIT STRONG BUT WAS OK.

PIGLET CAN I TAKE THESE CUTTINGS I GOT FROM THE MARKET AND TRANSPLANT INTO A POT ? WILL THEY TAKE ?

THIS LOOKS LIKE A GARDENERS FORUM LOL[^]

mirryx

panicdiva
29-03-06, 16:23
What about in soup, Mirry - You could add it to the stock - or even add it last after you heat up tinned soup.

Meg
29-03-06, 17:16
Enjoy Mirry

Its always best to take vitamins in their natural form so good on you for geting stuck in

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Karen
29-03-06, 17:37
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Its always best to take vitamins in their natural form so good on you for geting stuck in
<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 29 March 2006 : 17:16:38</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Yes, I agree. I only take the vitamin pills because I wouldn't get all the right nutrients from the food I eat.

I hope you find some good recipes and some interesting ways to incorporate this into your diet.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

april tones
29-03-06, 22:18
sounds good! i love gillian mkeith! she is good! love her ideas!
i might try parsley

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Piglet
30-03-06, 09:39
Lol Mirry you got me there hun [:I] not much of a gardener but you could give it a go.

I wonder if you buy it as seeds or something - I will ask my neighbour.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

mirry
30-03-06, 18:35
I just used parsley in sheppards pie, it tasted lovely and i ate too much .

I got the 2 bunches sitting in water, dont know why i purchased so much cos it will take ages to get thru lol.

mirryx