PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with me?

NervousNellie
24-01-11, 16:39
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think this is the right place!

I'd really like to know what the heck is going on with me!! Last week, there were 3 days where I felt absolutely great!! No symptoms, no worries, I was calm (even when we got news of a major problem arising). I handled everything really well, needed no meds, no herbal supplements, NOTHING!!! Then, all of a sudden, I am completely dependent on Xanax again! I'm such a bundle of nerves that I can't stand it! I just had to call my GP to see if he would give me a refill on my meds.

I don't know what to think anymore! For that stretch of 3 good days, I actually felt like I did before I developed anxiety and panic! I really thought it had gone away....I've never gone for 3 full days without any symptoms. Now I feel worse than ever! What's going on with me? I can't pinpoint anything that I did differently over those 3 days. Is this a good thing that I'm getting glimpses of normalcy? Because every time I go back to my old panicky self, it's a huge let down and I almost feel depressed over it. Please someone.....tell me what's happening with me!!!

dtaber
24-01-11, 17:42
Hi,

If it helps any, I get the same thing. I've been on Prozac for about 5 and a half weeks. I almost feel normal again but then I'll get a new symptom (like my arms going asleep) and it sends me into a mild panic-though nothing like before. So I know the meds are trying to work because my panic symptoms are not full blown and on a much milder scale.
I use atavan and there are days where I think I wont have to use it and then at the last minute symptoms of panic set in. However I feel like I am almost there, meaning I wont have to use atavan forever.

Deanna