PDA

View Full Version : can't relax :(

missykat
24-01-11, 18:39
i keep poking and prodding my boobs i just cant stop! i feel lump after lump and im making my self red raw and sore! should i be convinced the doc didnt find anything?? or cud she have missed something! why can i not shake this feeling:weep:

missykat
24-01-11, 19:20
cud she have missed a lump?? and i wait a month and its spreads!!!!

Kelley
25-01-11, 12:46
Most lumps are normal. I've gone through that stress myself until I realized what was normal for me. If u have anxiety then your pretty certain to have OCD issues. The reason you can stop checking and questioning the doctor is the same reason you joined this site!
Find something else to distract you until you get to the point where you aren't obsessing about it so much. Your healthy, you'll be fine.

Kel ;-)

Mogwog
25-01-11, 17:30
Hi Missykat

I have the same problem as you. My left breast is lumpier than my right one and I can feel so many lumps near the bottom its scaring the hell out of me. I have had cysts in the past.
I have yet to go to the drs about what I can feel - I have an appt in a week.

I am so scared, I sneak upstairs every 5 mins to have a feel and I cannot reassure myself :-(

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. PM if you like.

Big hugs

Laura.xxxx

missykat
25-01-11, 18:33
well i went to a diff doc today and i pin pointed where i cud feel my lumps. she said they are perfectly normal :) :yesyes: i am so relieved to say the least! yes i think there mite be a bit of ocd going on! becuz wen i was paranoid of cervical cancer i wud check my inderwear for blood like every 20 mins! and same with my boobs i wud be sitting there watching the soaps and find myself poking and prodding. mogwog good luck with the appointment next week, they will be more than likely be harmless. i know the feeling, u check and check and like u said u cannot reassure ureself. its dreadful

Greenman50
25-01-11, 19:24
:yesyes:

x

missykat
25-01-11, 20:30
huge weight lifted off me now :D until i find something else to worry about :roflmao:

beccaroo
26-01-11, 15:59
hi,
I just wanted to say that I once saw a TV programme with a doctor talking about breast lumps. She said that if you check for lumps with your fingers you will ALWAYS find lumps because breasts are naturally lump things! She said you should feel with the palms of your hands instead.
Hope this reassures anyone reading this who has found a lump, it's probably just one one of your glands or another natural bump.

missykat
26-01-11, 16:16
thanks for sharing. i was checking with my fingers and found mine. but did notice the doc checked with a her palm. so now im gunna do that in future. how often shud u check?

Mogwog
26-01-11, 17:00
I check with my fingers too......hhhmmmmmm maybe this is why I can feel lumps? I will try with my palm, going to leave it a few days though - don't want to irritate the area anymore - its taken quite a bashing from all of my poking and prodding.:blush:

Glad you are feeling better Missykat:yahoo:

Love

Laura.xxxxx