PDA

View Full Version : hey another newbie! VERY long post ahead!

xninax
24-01-11, 19:07
I deleted the original post because i felt it was just too personal to be left on here. but for anyone who reads this post now, the basic info on me is I'm 20 years old, studying at uni and have been living with depression for a long time and anxiety for a couple of years now. At the time of this post i only went to my GP about it once over a year ago. during these past couple of years my life has really gone downhill, so i joined this site as a small step towards finally getting on top of my depression/anxiety and also to get support/make friends from like minded people.

nomorepanic
24-01-11, 19:09
Hi xninax

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

xninax
24-01-11, 21:34
thanks nicola xxxx

can't believe i posted this, i never told anyone the full extent except my GP...i feel a bit exposed now!

SharonDerby
25-01-11, 11:36
Hi Xnina
First of all i'd like to say welcome to NMP, it's a great site and very very helpful.

Please don't come here and think you have to appologise for long posts, no one minds, we are all diff and all have worries the same as you, just knowing this site is here with people who feel the same as you will help.

I am 47 now and have great respect for younger people who speak up and tell epople how they feel, it's a hard time for you right now but things will improve.

I am not going to tell you to speak to your parents about this because you obviously feel that you can't, but i would urge you to speak to your doctor and your friends, don't be ashamed of anything, you will find from speaking to people that others have similar issues as you and would dearly love to have someone to talk to, i always think to myself i'd rather be honest about who and what bothers me than live a lie and pretend everything is rosey.

Stay in touch with everyone here, we don't judge people here take a look at how many members are here, how do you know that some of them are not your friends or neighbours? quite simply you don't because we have problems that for the most part are not visable so the only way we will ever stop the stigma attached to mental health issues is to speak up.

Take care hun i wish u well :)
Sharon

paula lynne
25-01-11, 15:32
Hiya, welcome to the forum, youll find lots of support and non-judgemental help here, youre not alone. Well done on taking the brave step of telling us a bit of your story x:welcome:

xninax
25-01-11, 21:13
Hi Xnina
First of all i'd like to say welcome to NMP, it's a great site and very very helpful.

Please don't come here and think you have to appologise for long posts, no one minds, we are all diff and all have worries the same as you, just knowing this site is here with people who feel the same as you will help.

I am 47 now and have great respect for younger people who speak up and tell epople how they feel, it's a hard time for you right now but things will improve.

I am not going to tell you to speak to your parents about this because you obviously feel that you can't, but i would urge you to speak to your doctor and your friends, don't be ashamed of anything, you will find from speaking to people that others have similar issues as you and would dearly love to have someone to talk to, i always think to myself i'd rather be honest about who and what bothers me than live a lie and pretend everything is rosey.

Stay in touch with everyone here, we don't judge people here take a look at how many members are here, how do you know that some of them are not your friends or neighbours? quite simply you don't because we have problems that for the most part are not visable so the only way we will ever stop the stigma attached to mental health issues is to speak up.

Take care hun i wish u well :)
Sharon

Thank you for such a lovely welcoming message xxx

xninax
25-01-11, 21:26
Hiya, welcome to the forum, youll find lots of support and non-judgemental help here, youre not alone. Well done on taking the brave step of telling us a bit of your story x:welcome:
Hi Paula Lynne, i hope you're well, thank you so much for the nice welcome, that fact that you took the time to read my post and not judging me for it really means a lot! i hope to get to know you and everyone else soon!

i wish you well xxxxx