PDA

View Full Version : is this OCD??

Ashtonsmam
29-03-06, 13:19
Hi everyone,,im new to this site and i hope you can help me,,

i had an adverse reaction to an antidepressant in july last year which gave me urges and "visions" of hurting myself and my baby,,i ended up going into a mother and baby unit for help and meds,,

now 9 months on i can not get the thoughts of me hurting myself and my baby out of my head,,im constantly "testing" myself when im in the house alone with him,,im always asking myself if i could still want to hurt or kill myself or my baby,,and im convinced them urges and vision will return even although im no longer on the med that triggered it,,i also have severe anxiety with constant symptoms and these thoughts i cant get out of my head make this anxiety MUCH worse,,i just cant get out of this way of thinking,,its really stopping me enjoying the time i have with my son as i think i will want to hurt or kill him again,,

FRANKIEISBACK
29-03-06, 14:11
You are suffering from anxiety, OCD is just another word for anxiety, its best to go and see your doctor, you aint going mad and your baby is fine

sassy
29-03-06, 15:17
hi, i have thoughts about hurting my 4 children. i came to this site because i was so distraught by them and i thought the thoughts would turn into actions. i was convinced i was alone in these thoughts or that everyone who had them actually went on to kill their kids.
i suffer panic attacks and anxiety and the thoughts r at their worse when im stressed.
after reading more on ocd and hearing others who have felt the exact same thoughts if not worse, im 99.9% that thats all they are..thoughts.
everytime a bad thought comes into your mind..try and replace it with a happy thought or what things you have to do etc. play music, sing to your son..anything to change the subject. im on a mild anti depressent and it helps. go see your doctor hun, your not alone xx