PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam / cipralex

smb25
24-01-11, 21:17
Hi,

I am starting Cipralex tomorrow, 5mg. This will be the 4th AD i have tried!

I don't want to do my usual pattern asnd stop taking after 5 days when/if the increased anxiety kicks in.

I have 2mg Diazepam I can take up to 3 times a day if needed. I could kick myself now but didn't ask my doc if I can take it at the same time as the Cipralex to help the increased anxiety period if i get it.

Please does anyone know
x

mr badger
27-01-11, 11:30
Hi,

I am starting Cipralex tomorrow, 5mg. This will be the 4th AD i have tried!

I don't want to do my usual pattern asnd stop taking after 5 days when/if the increased anxiety kicks in.

I have 2mg Diazepam I can take up to 3 times a day if needed. I could kick myself now but didn't ask my doc if I can take it at the same time as the Cipralex to help the increased anxiety period if i get it.

Please does anyone know
x

Give the docs a ring to be sure. For what it's worth, I was taking diazepam at the same time as Citalopram with no problems.

I found diaz really useful when I was starting on the Citalopram and still useful for the odd wobbly day.

smb25
28-01-11, 13:19
Thank you,

I started the Cipralex on Tuesday and had a really bad day yesterday, saw the doc today for a review and he said it was fine to take the diazepam provided I didn't do it every day, only when felt couldn't cope.

Hopefully im now on way my way to recovery :yesyes:

iamspartacus
28-01-11, 14:00
Hi,

Im starting Cip too.....been almost a week. I know where youre coming from.

I spent 5 years taking the two together every day. I quit the tranqs last year and the withdrawal from that has caused the anxiety/depression im now taking the Cip for.

Use the diaz only when in dire emergency as they can be addictive, but dont be discouraged from using them in the very short term.:winks: