PDA

View Full Version : Help me please!!

Glores
24-01-11, 22:58
So here goes it!!

Fellow people of the sensitive nature who feel far too much of the worlds woe's..

Hey my name is Glores.. I am hoping to find an answer albeit advice on how to help my partner. Ive just found 4 empty pkts of Mirtazapine in the trash and am now concerned. I though he had gone off them some time ago but has not..
A while ago he had told me that he takes them to sleep (i really worried about this as i had taken antidepressants for yrs and feel that they had made my condition worse). He often has vivd dreams and nightmares and sleep walks terribly. In the mornings he is really not conscious at all for a very long time and this is really weird and almost scary to be around as he does the strangest things. Has anyone had side affects with Mitrazapine that are severe or adverse? I fear he is taking these to control the side effects that he is getting from the drugs....

diane07
24-01-11, 22:59
Hi Glores

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

shoegal
24-01-11, 23:29
I'm sorry I can't help but welcome to NMP. :)

mytoy78
17-03-11, 18:51
Hey I'm not tto sure about offering you any help, but I've been on mitrazapine for the last two nights and I have ahd all of teh symptoms your husband had.

I am going back to the doc's to come off them as I feel like death

I hope you can convince your husband to as well.

Best regards

Colin

JaneC
17-03-11, 19:09
Hi Glores :welcome:. If you have concerns about the effects the mirt is having on your partner, could you possibly both go to the doc together and discuss the situation? If he's been on them a while they shouldn't really be causing anything severe IMO - also there's every chance he'll suffer discontinuation symptoms if he was to try to stop them too quickly. Please see if he'll go to the doc with you xxx

Chris21
18-03-11, 09:09
Hi Glores,

I have been on 60mg of Mirtazapine daily for over a month now and the only side effect I've had is that they knock me out when I take them. As a nightworker this is ideal. I've not had any other side effects and am using them in conjunction with Seroxat 20mg daily. My GP says its safe for the 2 to work together.

I know its not much help but try and keep upbeat, you have friends on here.

Chris