PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine

christine13
25-01-11, 09:56
I am new on here and have been on many different medications, i have been on fluoxetine for about a month, starting at 20 mg now on 40 mg for a week

i feel dreadful. Horrible depression, legs like jelly, just awful thoughts

will this go away?

nomorepanic
25-01-11, 09:57
Hi christine13

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Geoff2301
25-01-11, 14:19
I am new on here and have been on many different medications, i have been on fluoxetine for about a month, starting at 20 mg now on 40 mg for a week

i feel dreadful. Horrible depression, legs like jelly, just awful thoughts

will this go away?
YES..... DEFINITELY
Just be patient, try and keep busy and if you're up to it, try a bit of exercise..... swimming, cycling, jogging..... it all helps. Then one day, could be tomorrow though might be next week, you'll suddenly realise you're feeling a bit better and on the mend....... unfortunately it just takes time but when you're feeling like this, I know you want an instant cure!! I've got a big note stuck above my PC monitor that says "Remember, you always get better" as its so easy to start thinking its forever when you hit a bad patch!!

Vanilla Sky
25-01-11, 22:18
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

buster_uk1967
26-01-11, 13:10
YES..... DEFINITELY
Just be patient, try and keep busy and if you're up to it, try a bit of exercise..... swimming, cycling, jogging..... it all helps. Then one day, could be tomorrow though might be next week, you'll suddenly realise you're feeling a bit better and on the mend....... unfortunately it just takes time but when you're feeling like this, I know you want an instant cure!! I've got a big note stuck above my PC monitor that says "Remember, you always get better" as its so easy to start thinking its forever when you hit a bad patch!!

Great advice from Geoff, I am also feeling value from his post. Things are never as bad as they seem.:)