PDA

View Full Version : Lymecycline and acne

Lissy43
25-01-11, 14:43
I was told today I need to take lymocycline antibiotics for 6 months for cystic acne. I've got 2 bad spots, glands up and swollen around the spots/lumps:-( I've been using Duac antibiotic cream since October but they come and go. GP says I now need the oral anti bs.

I asked the GP if cystic acne is a concern and he said acne can be life threatening, and he said that it can be very serious ie septicaemia. I'm now fairly anxious, lol!

Has anyone else taken Lymecycline or had cystic acne?

Clairalou
25-01-11, 15:09
I suffered from acne for a good few years from when i was 22 i would get them all over my face, neck and breasts it was awful i was put on tetracycline i was on it daily for about 4 years it kept the infections at bay as mine used to get really infected! Then about 18 months ago the acne completely cleared up an i came of the antibiotics and i havent had any problems since apart from the odd flare up when stressed but thats nothing compared to what it was!
I found changing my diet helped and drinking plenty of water/juice!

Claire x

Lissy43
25-01-11, 15:44
I just really don't fancy being on antibiotics every day. I told the GP I really didn't want to but he said although I only had 2 they looked quite infected so it was the next step, and I had to take them.

I just wish the Duac cream would work:-((

vicky23
25-01-11, 16:22
I've honestly never heard anyone die from acne! I found this site really helpful there's a section for cystic acne too I really hope it helps! www.acne.org (http://www.acne.org) it's an american based site but it still has some helpful stuff
Best wishes

Lissy43
25-01-11, 16:51
Thank you Vicky.

Stupid Dr really worried me.