PDA

View Full Version : Heart doing fluttery jumps help

paularonata
25-01-11, 15:20
My heart keeps doing weird triple jumps!
Its every minute or so. Just just started??
Please help what is this?? I'm scared Im going to die or have a heart attck or need an operation

please has anyone had this?

Paula:weep:

velvet0309
25-01-11, 15:25
Hi

i have had this for the last week, and the more i worry about it, the more it happens so i do think it is related to anxiety :)

it really is a awful feeling, and really scary :hugs:i found take deep breaths and it passes

paularonata
25-01-11, 15:27
God I hope so! Im a weak right now. does yours do it every minute or so?? Thanks for your quick reply. I dont know what i would do without u lot x

velvet0309
25-01-11, 16:37
yes it does and then the more i think about it, the more i feel it, then i start to go dizzy then i go breathless. :scared15:

i think thats the panic setting in, im going to CBT next week so i really hope that helps.

I also found going for a walk helps, but if your at work, just keep doing the breathing, and keep telling yourself its anxiety hope your feeling better :)

countrygirl
25-01-11, 16:52
You are probably getting ectopic beats that feel like a thump pause thump pause or irregular flutters. I have had them for over 20 yrs and at their worst they come every 3rd beat. I can say from vast experience that they are horrible and very frightening but they are not harmful at all- in fact cardiologists just class them as a normal variation of a heartbeat.

If you have never ever had them before and want reassurance then yes see your GP who can do an ecg or even a 24hr ecg and hopefully capture one of these critters and they can say yes that was a plain old harmless ectopic heartbeat.

I was told by cardio that 99% of people he sees complaining of ectopics and needing ressurance beyond a Gp are very anxious people and the hormones you produce when anxious irritate your vagus nerve which is what causes these ectopic beats - so the more you worry the worse they are!

ewood79
25-01-11, 22:26
You are probably getting ectopic beats that feel like a thump pause thump pause or irregular flutters. I have had them for over 20 yrs and at their worst they come every 3rd beat. I can say from vast experience that they are horrible and very frightening but they are not harmful at all- in fact cardiologists just class them as a normal variation of a heartbeat.

If you have never ever had them before and want reassurance then yes see your GP who can do an ecg or even a 24hr ecg and hopefully capture one of these critters and they can say yes that was a plain old harmless ectopic heartbeat.

I was told by cardio that 99% of people he sees complaining of ectopics and needing ressurance beyond a Gp are very anxious people and the hormones you produce when anxious irritate your vagus nerve which is what causes these ectopic beats - so the more you worry the worse they are!

Couldnt of said it better myself..... i had a episode yesterday ater a couple of weeks of worry and negative thoughts i got myself into a rut..... being on holidays and being a little bit blah i had a couple of these yesterday and i totally flipped out....... normally i can just breathe etc and get myself out of it but i just bought into the whole what ifs etc and boom they got worse......

I went for a little walk and called a friend and that helped but as soon as i sat down and thought about it again bang they were back....... so i had a .5mg of xanax to relax and it calmed me down and made me realise how silly i had been.

I dont ever really need to take xanax.... prob 6 times a year if that so yeah im gratefull i had that help.

good luck with it all......... :hugs: