PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot test

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 18:16
I got 2 blood tests to check for clots because I'm so worried I've got one. They both came back normal and the doctor said there's nothing to worry about. It's just 'cos I've had left leg pain for ages. No swelling or hotness or anything. It's been there since I've had the worry I'll get DVT. Before I google it can someone let me know if the blood tests are reliable. I got them in a & e. I'm so incredibly scared about this :(

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 19:27
Anyone? Please? :(

yvonne_uk_98
25-01-11, 22:02
Hi ElectricAlice,

Sorry to hear you have a sore leg, the blood tests are very reliable. they would tell you if you had a blood clot. I'm glad you dont have a blood clot, you dont want to have one, you would not be able to put any weight on your leg, the pain is unbearable.

Hope your leg pain gets better soon, hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne

anx mum
25-01-11, 22:06
Anyone? Please? :(

Was test di dimer hun thats what ive had today

anx mum
25-01-11, 22:09
Was test di dimer hun thats what ive had today

Mine come bk normal too hard to believe eh? A few years ago hun i got pain in leg too no cause was found and like urself i thought i had a clot had all sorts of tests private ones too. I guess that was anxiety because went hun

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 22:20
Thanks guys. It's so hard to try and relax. So anx mum you had leg pain too? How long did it last for? That's relieving the blood tests are accurate. I keep getting stabbing pains and it's sore to walk on but not unbearable or anything.

anx mum
25-01-11, 22:39
Thanks guys. It's so hard to try and relax. So anx mum you had leg pain too? How long did it last for? That's relieving the blood tests are accurate. I keep getting stabbing pains and it's sore to walk on but not unbearable or anything.

Yes hun had bad leg if u do search 2009 ur see my threads about my calfs and fear of bood clots. Got so bad in end had private scan in cheletman a mri which was normal eventually pain went and i was left thinking OMG

suzy-sue
25-01-11, 22:50
The threads /postsyou are on about Bev are last year .Around Jan -Feb .. sue x

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 22:53
It's so scary I keep seeing posts where people are saying that DVT can cause hardly any symptoms. I'm so terrified that my leg is swollen and I'm not actually realising. I measured my legs and they're the same size. And the blood tests came back ok, so really there's nothing else I should be worrying about. But I keep reading random things that freak me out. It's horrific. I just wish I felt ok. And not worried. If you had the same leg pain and yours was nothing then at least I can try and see it's symptom of anxiety more. I just hope one day my leg doesn't go swollen. And I'm scared if I don't keep checking I'll miss the swelling. God I can't cope with it anymore.

anx mum
25-01-11, 22:53
The threads /postsyou are on about Bev are last year .Around Jan -Feb .. sue x

Yeah sorry was last year but pain did go eventally even tho dont know what it was.

anx mum
25-01-11, 22:57
It's so scary I keep seeing posts where people are saying that DVT can cause hardly any symptoms. I'm so terrified that my leg is swollen and I'm not actually realising. I measured my legs and they're the same size. And the blood tests came back ok, so really there's nothing else I should be worrying about. But I keep reading random things that freak me out. It's horrific. I just wish I felt ok. And not worried. If you had the same leg pain and yours was nothing then at least I can try and see it's symptom of anxiety more. I just hope one day my leg doesn't go swollen. And I'm scared if I don't keep checking I'll miss the swelling. God I can't cope with it anymore.

Yeah honestly hun did have calf pain and was worried like u. But whatever it was it went which makes me think was it an anxiety pain?

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 23:05
Yeah. So the blood tests are 100% reliable?

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 23:06
The pain goes all up my leg sometimes in my calf, sometimes my thigh, sometimes my foot

Lizziesaurus
25-01-11, 23:41
The blood tests are accurate, when I had one for possible DVT the doctor explained it to me and that if whatever's counted is above a certain level that's not normal then there's probably a clot because there's more blood in one area of the body.
I like you was terrfied back in June I had DVT. I'd just come off a long haul flight, I smoke and I'm on the pill. My health anxiety was a hell of a lot worse then as well. They eventually got blood out of me and did the tests and luckily I was fine, I think anxiety made it alot worse. I'm sure you're fine!

ElectricAlice
25-01-11, 23:54
Thanks for explaining that, it helps to understand more. Thanks to everyone for your help. It's such a struggle :(

Njoy704
15-08-15, 23:47
I know this post is years old. But I'm wondering g if you found the cause for your stabbing pain in your legs. I too am getting this stabbing and tearing pain in different areas of my leg and don't know the cause. I've had the blood test too to rule out dvt but of course I'm in a panic as to what it could be .

Mi
08-02-16, 15:43
I had an aching left calf for 2 days and has since been followed by pins and needles in my left foot that just don't go away (been there for 10 days now). I'm having a private ultrasound tomorrow and organising private blood tests to help ease my anxiety x