PDA

View Full Version : Can you phone the hospital for test results?

Frenchflower
25-01-11, 21:22
I had an echo and an ecg today, and I've now been fitted with a 7 day holter monitor. The radiographer said that the cardiologist would probably write to my G.P with the results of all the tests together, and I'd have to wait 3 weeks! I know that they should have my echo and ecg results in a day or two, could I phone the hospital to ask for the results, or do I have to wait for them to be sent to my G.P?

Nigel
25-01-11, 21:52
Hi Frenchflower,

I’m not certain – perhaps somebody who has worked for NHS could confirm – but I would say probably not. It’s confidential information, and anybody could phone up and claim to be you.

If you’re really anxious, maybe your GP could hurry the results they so far have.

Good luck :)
Nigel

nomorepanic
25-01-11, 21:57
They will not discuss the results as far as I know. They need the GP to look at them and then discuss them with you.

unfitwellhappy
25-01-11, 22:06
ECG usually take 21 days as standard.

Your GP might not be able to give you any information as he might not have it to give you.

But phone the surgery regardless as they might be able to speed things up if you are anxious - even if it's just to give you preliminary results before your main app with the doc :)

A

ewood79
25-01-11, 22:13
and remember if there was something really worng they wouldve noticed it straight away and probably wouldnt of let you out of the hospital!