PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this ? Hiding books etc

FRANKIEISBACK
29-03-06, 14:49
Hide books about anxiety etc ?

over the years I have collected at least 20 books on anxiety self help etc, but I keep them in a old suitcase at the back of my cupboard so any guests and friends dont get to see what a mess I am

lol

Piglet
29-03-06, 14:59
:D:D:D:D

Think we all have a secret stash don't we - all delivered in brown paper parcels from under the counter!!!

I am coming out of the anxiety closet more these days though, hopefully before long the stigma liked with anxiety and depression etc will get less and less. It's certainly better than it was years ago when my mum started suffering.

Lets wave our banners high and start a new revolution :D:D:D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

clickaway
29-03-06, 16:29
Someone asked me at my self help group last week about hiding his OCD books as he had a hot date coming around to his house.[Yeah!]

I suggested he didn't squirrel them away too deeply, maybe 'accidentally' put something in front of them.

We really need to fly the flag as Piglet suggests, and I have just this afternoon published some anxiety pics on my web space - the same ones that are shown on our own home page under Motivation & Inspiration.

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway/anxiety

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

FRANKIEISBACK
29-03-06, 17:25
I agree, but if anxiety IS an illness then having lots of books about it is perfectly ok as far as I am concerned.

When I have my better days I can often be found reading away into the early hours.

I think if someone had cancer they would probably hide books away so if they can, so will I !!

Karen
29-03-06, 19:35
Sometimes I do hide things away and not at other times. It would depend on the person likely to call round and see any of these books.

I don't think there is anything to be ashamed of for experiencing problems with anxiety or depression etc, but not everyone is understanding of the issues.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey