PDA

View Full Version : new member

maggy
26-01-11, 18:00
Hi everyone I just found this site by accident. I was looking for information on stopping anti-depressants citralopram that im on. Ive been on anti depressants for over 20 years and just want to get my life back. Any advice gratefully recieved. I was first prescribed it in 1985 as I was nursing my mother she had cancer and as an only child it fell to me to look after her my dad coulnt cope. ThenI coninued on it until about 1988 when i came off it to start a family after having my children I was fine until 1993 when I became very down probably cause by having two kids under 3 and no support!!! Back on them again I was on various different ones through the years now on Citralopram and my doc wants me to stay on them but Ive had enough and want to be in control and not drugged up all the time.:weep:Im on 20mg a day and been taking one every two days no side effects yet but still early days!!!:scared10:

diane07
26-01-11, 18:01
Hi maggy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
26-01-11, 18:03
Hi Maggy :welcome:. You should ask your doc for some 10mg tablets to help you reduce you dose. Taking 1 x 10mg a day for a bit is probably better than 20mg every two days. Good luck!

Magic
26-01-11, 18:47
Hello Maggie. JaneC got it spot on.Hope you find this site ok for you. I am so glad i joined nmp,everyone very warm and welcoming

Vanilla Sky
26-01-11, 20:05
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x