PDA

View Full Version : work

dani
29-03-06, 15:51
Hi

Just wondering if theres anyone out there that has tackled the problem of getting back to work and can give me any advice. I started with panic attacks really bad back in November due to stress at work, moving home etc against doctors advice I went back to work in between xmas and new year but when I went back in the new year everyone was there I lasted a day and haven't been back since. Work are really good and I'm hoping to have the nerve to try again in about a month. Really worried partly through embrassment of going the day and not going back (which I know is okay really deep down) but having been off for so long now not feeling very confident. Any tips or advice would be great.

Thanks

Alexandra
29-03-06, 16:05
Hiya Hun

Yep ive been in the same boat as you.

Best thing to do is walk in with your head held high (im sure your bosses will do their best to put you at ease when your ready to go back)

Do'nt be embarressed as you know why you felt the need to have time off re stress & it has nothing to do with anyone else.

Take Care & all the very best for when you go back.

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

clickaway
29-03-06, 16:19
Hello Dani,

My advice to you would be to ease yourself in gently.

I don't know what kind of job you have, or what kind of firm you work for, and was wondering how flexible and caring they were likely to be.

I was off for 9 months with generalised anxiety, and after endless sick notes, counselling and three sessions with a doctor the firm paid for, that doc recommended that I go back 2 hours a day with very easy tasks, and then gradually building up.

In my particular case, that plan did not pan out, but I gave it a go.

Also consider why you are stressed at work. Do you have a bullying boss, is the nature of the work pretty taxing, or is just mass throughput?

Just wondering if the job you do fits with your sensitivies.

Be kind to yourself,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
29-03-06, 17:53
Hi Dani

There is nothing to feel ashamed about. You just were not ready at that particular time.

If your employers are understanding it might be helpful to go in for a chat before returning and discuss getting back to work slowly and building up, as Ray suggested. It can be daunting returning after a period of time off work but if you can feel like you have some control over the way you do this, it could be more manageable for you.

Hope it goes well.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Meg
29-03-06, 17:54
Have the stressful bits that led to this starting been addressed ??

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress