PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles in fingers and toes

brill
18-03-04, 13:01
All I want to know has anybody had or got pins and neddles in there fingers and toe,s is this normal I,m told it is just anxioty but my wife and mother think it could be bad circulation of the blood. Is there any med,s that could be used to treat it,I,d rather it be natural.:D

Thankyou your friend in panic

BRILL :D:D:D

Meg
18-03-04, 14:33
Slow your breathing down is the first port of call. 4 counts in 7 counts out.

If you've not had these long term and are not a heavy smoker, then it won't be bad circulation- other symptoms come first.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

brill
19-03-04, 05:08
O thanks radar but I do smoke quite heavy.I know its bad for me but it helps with my nerves when I,m really stressed.maybe I should see my doctor again when I get back from holidays. :)

Meg
19-03-04, 16:02
Nicotine and tar addiction aside, the bit about smoking that helps with nerves is the long exhalation which can be done without the support of a cigarette.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

brill
20-03-04, 11:21
Ok meg I know I should give up I,ll try again !! LOL but my wife dose,nt wont me to becauce I get really grumpy and I am a pain to live with at the best of times.
I have noticed the pins and needles is getting quiet painfull in my right hand mainley in my two fingers next to my thumb and it is even worse when I pull on something like a door handel.I will deffo see the doc,s when I get back
OOOHHHH boy I hate going to the doctors LOL

Brill xx

Meg
20-03-04, 16:53
You'll only be really extra grumpy whilst you're getting over the addiction bit and are adjusting ( it's tough for everyone - this bit ), then she'll get all the huge benefits socially, economically , healthwise of you as a nonsmoker in the house.

Bad circulation almost always gets really bad and you will be in constant pain in the legs before starting with the hands so I wouldn't work yourself up about it if they are the worst. Are you diabetic ?

Meg

brill
21-03-04, 01:03
No meg I,m not a diabetic,well at least I don,t think so
I don,t smoke around her or our baby, My wife has bad asthma. So I always smoke outside which is hard for somebody with agoraphobia.I guess I use the smoking as an excuse because if I give up I probly would,nt leave the house at all. LOL Silly ha
thanks meg

brill
21-03-04, 12:59
Meg this has nothing to do with the pins and needles but we have just come home from holidays.Never again am I going to fly sheer hell :(
Anyway I have been reading a leagel medico report I had done just before I went away on holidays and the doctor has diganosed me with among other things DYSTHYMIA and chronic ALEXITHYMIA I have been searching the net to find out what it is but with little success.Do you know what these things are ?

Thankyou Brill

Meg
22-03-04, 17:56
DYSTHYMIA - Chronic, mild depression
ALEXITHYMIA - difficulty in finding words to express your emotions.

Never say never .. When you're better you may like to try it again and be fine !!

Meg

brill
22-03-04, 22:31
Wow meg you are a ledgend and thankyou for putting it in laymans terms for me :)
I went to my gp yesterday arvo and he tells me the pins and needles in my hands is fluid induced carbul tunnel problems he told me to lose waight and gave me some exercises to do hope they work.

Thank you very very much meg BRILL XXXX

nomorepanic
22-03-04, 23:05
Brill

Gentle exercise will not only help the weight problem but will help with the panic and anxiety as well. Try something simple to start with like housework (lol) or even walking up and down the stairs.

Nicola

brill
23-03-04, 01:58
thanks nic is there any exercise I can do in the house I tryed to go for a walk a few weeks ago but got 2 houses down and spewed my guts up so I can,t go outside the house to exercis.
Thanks again Brill

kate
23-03-04, 07:46
Hiya Brill,

How about an exercise bike or treadmill?

Or, failing that, an exercise video?

Kate x

brill
23-03-04, 10:56
Ok I will see if my wife (she who must be obayed :))will let me get a exercise bike. When I was younger I used to compeat in triathalons so I know I would like rideing a bike,it all depends on how much they are not working any more puts limits on what we can afford.:(
ButI think that is a great idea I don,t know why I did,nt think of it myself. THANKS :)

Brill xx

kate
23-03-04, 10:59
Hiya Brill,

Another idea! Try buying a second hand one.

A lot of people buy them and never use them. They then sell them on at very reasonable prices.

Just a thought!!

Kate x

brill
25-03-04, 00:13
Thanks kate i,m looking in the paper for one there are a coupple but not in the local area :( But I will keep on looking.let you know how I get on. :)

Thanks brill

kate
25-03-04, 08:30
Hiya Brill,

Happy hunting!! Let us know how you get on!!

Kate x

brill
01-04-04, 00:35
Hi all no success yet but will look next thursday.(our paper only comes once a week on thursday)

brill
06-04-04, 23:49
Just letting you all know that I am still looking but the money situation is not good at the moment,but I still really want to get a bike(exercise)My mother sugested I try some family and friends to see if they have one I could borrow for the short term.so I will look into that in the next few days.

thankyou Brill

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

jam27
05-09-05, 14:30
I get pins and needles in my big toes from standing for a long period of time, my new job requires long periods of standing with not so much movement.

Is it anything to worry about? It's rather annoying. I also must point out that I have little to no arch in my foot.

Meg
05-09-05, 16:05
Hi Jam,

Do feel free to start your own introduction post and tell us a bit more about your circumstances

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?