PDA

View Full Version : Neurological Worries

Krystal
27-01-11, 03:14
OK, I have more worries now, but I'm not as bad as usual. I'm just a little worried about something. I'm now having a fear of MS or Motor Neurone Disease because for the past few days my fingers on both hands have been feeling stiff and weak and a little bit sore and also a bit tingly and sometimes I worry I'll drop something when I pick something up because of it and some of my muscles are sore and weak too, usually my legs, arms and shoulders and occasionally wrists, which have been doing this for weeks, but are a bit worse now and my legs are also weak and rubbery feeling so my balance has been a little off too (I admit its worse when I focus on it but still),and my jaw feels tight and sore too (again is worse when I focus on it kind of) I've been going really well and my anxiety did come back a bit a few weeks back, but has again calmed down but now this is worrying me, if my anxiety was being a bad problem at the moment, it would be easy to blame it on that, but as I'm not overly anxious at the moment, only anxious about this, I'm worried about it, any help or ideas on it anyone?

PrinceOfWorry
27-01-11, 03:24
Motor Neuron Disease (known also as ALS) does not start off bilaterally. In other words, if you are suddenly having stiff and weak fingers on both hands, it is not ALS. Also, the fact that you are having trouble all over your body is a good sign that it is not ALS (ALS usually starts in one location and spreads from that location like gangrene).

MS is a little more difficult to describe, diagnose, etc., but given my experience with anxiety, I would be fairly comfortable pinning it on anxiety rather than some horrible condition.

UltimaD
27-01-11, 03:52
Krystal, remember when you had the "head pressure", and I ended up figuring out it was from pressure being put on top of your head? You might be flexing your jaw and hands or something when you're asleep.

sarah jayne
27-01-11, 09:50
Im fearing the same i am aching all over and my feet are burning and i have pins and needles in them, my legs are so weak that im struggling to walk :(

j2
27-01-11, 15:21
I get that burning feet thing way to often. I also fear various neuro diseases as my arms and legs ache and feel weak. I fear muscle thinning of my forearms and numbness/cold patches all over. I am having a good day right now so that I think they are anxiety or related to neck or back problems but I know what you guys mean by freaking out about this.

blueangel
28-01-11, 12:53
The thing to remember about the neuro diseases like MS is that they are progressive - it's not random symptoms that move about; they will lodge in one place and then get worse. My dad died of MS when I was 7 and I spent years worrying about it, particularly as at the time the medical profession thought that it could be hereditary (eek).