PDA

View Full Version : Another new-bee

Headdown
27-01-11, 11:01
Hi all,

Thought I’d take this opportunity to introduce myself – In all honestly I wish I didn’t have to (nothing against any of you of course you all seem very nice!)

I’m male 31 originally from Scotland but I’ve lived all over. Currently living in London again.

Panic attacks/and anxiety sufferer here. Usually related to work, they’d been fairly quiet for the past few years but have decided to say hello again since starting this new job.

I wasn’t sure if signing up and reading the forum was the best idea, worried a little it would be bring anxiety into my mind but it’s looking like there’s no escape from that now and I think it’ll be great to get tips and chat to people going through the same sort of stuff.

So yeah – Hello :D

nomorepanic
27-01-11, 11:02
Hi Headdown

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

midgey
27-01-11, 11:15
Hi Headdown,

Welcome. I worried the same thing as you.....I thought that maybe a forum that is about anxiety and panic would be all doom and gloom, maybe people moaning about how hard their lives are. I wanted help, encouragement and ideas.......That's exactly what u'll get here. I've had some many positive, encouraging posts sent to me. People that are experiencing the same issues as you somehow have the ability to "get inside your head"......somehow, they seem to know the right thing to say.

I think we all wish we didn't have to be on here...that would mean we don't have anxiety and panic, but the fact is we have, and avoiding it won't make it go away.

Anyway, welcome, and all the best,:)