PDA

View Full Version : Fist time experience-please respond.

Mark801
27-01-11, 19:42
Heu guys.

So I was sick with the flu this past week and it's finally going away. They only thing left is the ocasional runny/stuffy nose and this horrible dry cough.

In have a little phelgh stuck in my chest and it's been making me want to cough every few minutes. Something happened just now that has never happened and its really freaking me out.

I was coughing really hard when all of a sudden I felt for a second kind of faint and I started to feel very hot in my face. I immediately panicked and my heart started to pound very hard for about 10-15 seconds.

The whole feeling went way in about 30 seconds and I feel perfectly as of now. But I can't sop thinking of the way I just felt and I'm terrified that I damaged my heart by coughing so hard.

I didn't have any chest pains of wasn't short of breath. Has anyone ever had this. Please respond. Thanks.

Mark.

Greenman50
27-01-11, 19:49
Hi Mark

Sounds pretty straight forward to me mate , you coughed so hard so felt faint and panicked , hence the rapid heart beats .
I would say basically you just panicked , its very friehtning but nothing to worry about.

Mark801
27-01-11, 19:58
Thanks for the quick response. I did feel faint and hot first and then I began to panick.

I feel fine now though. I'm still coughing pretty hard sometimes and no bad feelings but that feeling really freaked me out.

I really hope I didn't hurt my heart. :weep: