PDA

View Full Version : mouth ulcer..

Greenman50
27-01-11, 22:40
Any vitamins i can try to help get rid of a mouth ulcer , not had one for donkeys years , i,m guessing as i,ve eaten hardly anything for two weeks after being on the cit 20 mg i,m run down , i,ve only just got my apetite back .

What supplements could i take . I almost had a HA attack and thought it might be something "else" but then i thought for heavens sake :mad: get a grip i,ve had one before its only a mouth ulcer on my gum near my lower teeth at the front .

Greenman50
28-01-11, 08:35
anyone ?

Geoff2301
28-01-11, 08:45
Think you've just got to be patient and it will heal itself......after a couple of weeks, usually start clearing up. Try some Bonjela on it, that helps speed up recovery and kills some of the discomfort. Don't worry..... it won't be anything serious when it appears that quickly..... you sure it's an ulcer and not an abscess in which case some antibiotics might help wpeed up recovery?
Geoff

Alabasterlyn
28-01-11, 11:35
Another thing you could try is to buy some toothpaste that doesn't contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. Apparently it's the ingredient in toothpaste that makes it foam and it can be linked to mouth ulcers in some people. I believe Sensodyne Total Care Gel doesn't contain it plus there are a few others too :D

Greenman50
28-01-11, 15:10
thanks for the reply , i,ll get some bonjela for it .

kaisersozay
28-01-11, 18:06
Stay away from anything acidic, such as vinegar, apples, lemons etc. The acidity prevents any healing process.

NervousNellie
28-01-11, 18:18
There are loads of home remedies on the internet. Take a look - this is actually something that Dr. Google can help you with, lol!! Just search "homemade cures" or "natural remedies for mouth ulcers (or canker sores)".

My daughter and I both just had one and it cleared up within 48 hours - ours was a result of biting our cheek (both of us did it, can you believe it?). Usually getting mouth ulcers is a result of too much acidity in your body. If you haven't eaten much in the last 2 weeks, your acidity level will be higher and that would be why you have one!

Greenman50
28-01-11, 18:58
Thanks again :D

I,m off all acid foods due to my stomach issues , so i,m half way there . My apetite has come back the last few days and i,ve just got the bonjela and got some multi vitamins aswell .