PDA

View Full Version : Having my first blip

lorenza
28-01-11, 06:27
Woke myself up from a nightmare where my GP was telling me that the test results weren't conclusive and I did actually have HIV, and have spent the last three hours trying to distract myself from the worry. I know my doctor isn't worried at all, she doesn't even think my partner should be tested because of the near impossibility of any risk.

I know I had a negative result

I also can't convince myself that it hadn't shown up yet or that someone has injected me whilst i was drunk or even that someone had sex with me whilst i was drunk and i didn't realise.

IRRATIONAL THOUGHTS. I know this, so why can I not get rid of that nagging fear? I don't want to keep being tested every couple of months just to keep myself going.

Anxious_gal
28-01-11, 06:49
you know the thoughts are irrational so thats a very good thing!
your just consumed by this fear which is based on this thought of you having HIV.

"So one could say that fear is always based on something that has not happened yet, and is therefore a fantasy of our mind rather than fact."

maybe this fear is distracting you from real problems in your life?

I'm not sure what you can do about it :-( wish I had better advice to give you.
besides telling you what you already know.

It could be OCD related as its an obsessional thought x

Greenman50
28-01-11, 08:54
Lorenza

Try and distract yourself everytime you have these thoughts , you know you are fine , easier said than done , tell yourself "these thoughts are a nuisance" and focus on something and they will pass , it works for me .

Your fine you know you are :yesyes: