PDA

View Full Version : breat lump

sahara
28-01-11, 10:18
Last week I found a small lump in my breast. Above my left nipple just off centre.

I went to the drs and they have referred me for a mamogram.

To say I am terrified is an understatement. I have a 4yr old and 10 month old. The 10 month old I am stil breastfeeding, but I am so worried I am going to leave my babies. I can't stop crying and shaking. I feel so guilty

My appt isn't until the 7th of Feb and I am falling apart. Snappng at my daughter and OH.

I am a mess can anyone help :(

Mogwog
28-01-11, 13:50
Hi

I have breast lumps. I have been to the breast clinic many a time. 80% of breast lumps are benign - thtas a huge percentage. I t could be anything from normal glandular breast tissue to a cyst.

If you have a look through this sub forum you can read other peoples experiences with lumps - there are lots of them , me included.

I hope they make you feel a little better. I know its absolutely horrible, I have a drs appt on Tues for a review of tablets but whilst there am going to get her to check my breasts as there is an area in my left one that I am not sure about. I don't know if its a specific lump or general lumpiness - my left breast is always my problem one, sore and lumpier than the right.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Laura.xxxxxxxxx

Vixxy
28-01-11, 16:49
I might be wrong, but arent breasts lumpier when youre breast feeding anyway? it could be related.
I hope all goes well for you.

sahara
28-01-11, 21:36
thank you - I am not sure about feeding and lumpiness. Probably in the beginning but he is 10 months now.

I am just so scared of leaving my babies.

I hope its ok it feels like a life time away. I am too scared to touch that breast now.

Aaaah what a nightmare

Hope everything goes ok with you Laura xxxx

sahara
29-01-11, 09:13
Ooo now it aches - I am sure its just my mind but the wait is killing me.

How am I going to cope for another 9 days like this :(

What makes it worse is the clinic is right nextdoor to where my Mum died 2 yrs ago of lung cancer.

I am convinced I have breast cancer :( :weep:

countrygirl
29-01-11, 09:21
The waiting is the absolute pits - can your Dr try and hurry the appt upa t all??? Or could you afford to go to one of those one stop private breast clinics that do all the tests on same day and tell you whats what but it is expensive the mammo/ultrasound and consultant can cost £6-700. If they find anything then your GP can refer you on NHS. I know its probably not an option but I know some people on here have used these private one stop clinics and been seen next day.

sahara
29-01-11, 10:58
I wish I could but I can't. I am also worried about my little boy.

He still feeds quite alot from me and I dunno what he would do if I had to take it away:weep:

countrygirl
29-01-11, 13:17
Sorry for suggesting something you can't do - hang on there in all probability its a harmless cyst or fatty lump due to breastfeeding.
Please let us know how you get on.

lynn1960
29-01-11, 15:44
hang on in there is there anyone that you can talk to about this i am sure the lump ios nothing to worry about please try to focus on something eles lots of people have lumpy breasts especially when breast feeding

sahara
29-01-11, 21:00
thanks ladies - feeling a bit better but still up and down.

Its out of my hands anyway :)
xxx