PDA

View Full Version : Fell Down Yesterday-Middle finger is now numb.

Mark801
28-01-11, 13:03
He guys,

There's been a lot of snow here in NYC and some snow turned into ice. Last night I went outside to put a bag of garbage away and on my way down the step, I slid and I hit my mid-lower back. I was in pain last night but I woke up this morning and it's lightly sore.

Now the thing that's really really freaking me out is that my middle finger is now slightly num/tingly. It's just my middle finger on my right hand, no where else I feel weak or tingly.

I absolutely terrified that I'm about to become disabled or something. Am I gonna die? Please hlep. I've never worried about MS or whatever but now Neuro disease is plaguing me. Please hlep. Mark.:weep::weep::weep:

Vixxy
28-01-11, 15:29
Hi there Mark. You could have just bruised a nerve. The fact that its tingling suggests that its fully functional, but not sending the correct information to your brain.
It should fix itself within a few days as the bruising starts to heal up.
Ive had tingling fingers from sleeping badly before.

countrygirl
28-01-11, 16:52
Mark I bet when you sat down on the ice you put your hand down as well didn't you- you may not even remember doing this in the heat of the moment but banging your hand down would be enough to affect the nerves in the hand either at wrist level or in the finger itself.

As with anything give it time to recover at least a few days - if you can mover your finger you have not lost any function but you may have bruised the nerve to that finger and it will take time to recover.

paula lynne
28-01-11, 17:23
Hiya, you wont die I promise.
Your back supplies all nerves to the arms and legs, (your spinal column). Youve knocked a particular part of your back that supplies nerves/messages to your hand. It will be a temporary problem, and as your back heals, your finger will to and the tingles will stop. Stop worrying, rest up, and be careful on the ice. You will feel better in a day or two dont worry x

Mark801
28-01-11, 22:41
Thanks guys for your responses. I really appreciate them.
I had school today and I almost didn't go because of this.

Thankfully by the time I came home it was all gone. I hadn't even notice when it disappeared. I'm guessing either I slept in a werid position or I must of hurt my finger when I fell cuz my pinky on the same hand hurts as well.

Thanks again guys. :hugs: