PDA

View Full Version : warfarin

amandaj
28-01-11, 14:54
is anyone else taking this? ive been on it a few weeks now wondered if anyone taking got side effects and if so what are they, ive just been prescribed propranolol aswell and scared to take with the warfarin since i been on these my anxiety has just gone completly mad no sleep , heart racing , missing beats etc, i just think there not working and my head is a mess atm thinking what i was given them for isnt going to go with them any replies id be very grateful
amandaxxx

amandaj
28-01-11, 19:41
no1 been on it then ?

nomorepanic
28-01-11, 19:48
I think you have to be careful what you eat and drink on Warfarin don't you?

amandaj
29-01-11, 09:14
im not sure nicola but im not eating anything atm xx

yvonne_uk_98
29-01-11, 09:50
Hi Amandaj,

on Warfarin you can not have canberry juice, though I only drink canberry once in a while, it's okay to do that. I dont know of any side affects of warfarin, just know that you have to stick to the same does at the same time every day.

that you need to go to the clinic for regular check ups, because your inr has to be between 2 - 3. lower and higher than that is dangerous.

my diet has not changed any, so think you can eat anything. as you would have been handed a booklet when you went on to warfarin. this book tells you what you need to know. if you dont have one, next time your at the blood clinic, ask for one.

hope this helps.

Yvonne