PDA

View Full Version : Need some help right now!

bellabum
28-01-11, 18:55
Oh yes, I'm having a full-blown medical melt down.

I've had some anxiety for years (which I seemed to have managed, or so I thought) but this has significantly increased since a RTA 18 months ago. Yesterday, I was diagnosed with PTSD with severe depression and severe anxiety.

To make matters worse, I have a chest infection for which the doctor prescribed me doxycycline today. I have (stupidly) just read the patient information leaflet and because I ahve sore lips (m,aybe a cold sore, but I can't see one) and nausea (I can't remember if I had this before taking teh tablets or whether it is the anxiety) I am now convinced I ahve major side effects.

My GP was a complete bitch today (telling em she was at teh end of a 5 hour shift and if I wanted to discuss things further to make another appointment) so I don't ant to ring the doctors surgery, even if they are still open.

Help!!!

j2
28-01-11, 19:14
I am sorry you had such a bad experience with your GP. She is only human and I am sure if she fully understood your desperation she would have taken the time to listen. Since she didn't, we will. I know what you are going through and I wish I had an answer. If you have activity to distract yourself, now is the time to use it. A walk in the cold air usually helps me. I am also sure your symptoms are anxiety and nothing else. I am sure you will get through this and we will all be here to help. Good luck.

Vixxy
28-01-11, 20:12
Nausea is fairly common with antibiotics.