PDA

View Full Version : 11 days of citalopram no effects!!

dano13422
28-01-11, 22:28
ive taken my 11th dose of citalopram for anxiety and depression but still no positive or negative effects, is this normal

nomorepanic
28-01-11, 22:37
Hi

I will move this to the Citalopram forum for you

suzy-sue
29-01-11, 11:59
It can take 4-6 weeks to feel the benefit of each dose .If after a month you feel no different you may need to have an increase to find the dose that works for you .What dose are you currently taking ? 20mg is the starting dose for depression and a lot of people find it helps but many have to take 30 OR 40 Especially for high Anxiety or severe Depression .Sue x

dano13422
29-01-11, 12:03
hi yep im taking 20mg hasnt really started working yet, il give it the month and then see about an increase x

Tero
31-01-11, 02:42
dano, I am on 10mg, and have not had side effects the first week, so I would say lack of side effects is possible

I have panic attacks that I avoid by avoiding the situations so I may not see effects for a month

dano13422
31-01-11, 10:56
i do seem to yawn a lot more often, but nothing really im hoping side effects start coz then at least i know that there is somehting going on, might have to up the dossage but will be a mission to go to the docs

worriedmummy1
31-01-11, 15:03
Hi there, I started taking citalopram at the end of July 2010, 2 weeks after giving birth to my baby girl. I was started on 10mg which made me feel weird and quite spaced out about 3 hours after taking it. It wasnt really taking effect in the way it needed to at that dose, so was upped to 20mg. That did start to take some effect, but it did take a few weeks to make a difference. I'm now on 40mg as I just needed that little extra. In the first couple of weeks I did have some of the side affects of dry mouth and yawing alot, but those have gone now.

I'm now feeling much more like me and am seeing my gp tomorrow with the hope of reducing the dose back down to 20mg.

Hang in there, dont give up on them yet, they will start to work, but just not as fast we would like them too!! x

cityinadream
04-02-11, 05:02
I totally was going to post pretty much the same thing. :)
I'm on day four currently, and have not had much side effects/felt really any different at all yet. Just yawning, a slight upset stomach the first two days, yawning and feeling a bit restless, and a bit euphoric yesterday. I'm on 20mg.
The first time I was on 10mg and I felt like I was 'in space' the whole time I was on it. I would've thought a higher dose would effect me more, but nooo.

heavenly
04-02-11, 09:27
ive taken my 11th dose of citalopram for anxiety and depression but still no positive or negative effects, is this normal

Looking at this from a positive side, so pleased you are not getting any side effects which most people (including me) get the first couple of weeks, so that is a good thing! I would give it a month then go back to your GP. I am on 25mg which works for me, trial and error with dosage. xx

dano13422
04-02-11, 22:19
ive got docs booked on monday prolly try and get an upped dose see if that works (20mg on) hopefully coz cant really see any difference either way at the mo:lac:

cityinadream
07-02-11, 06:46
I still don't really feel anything different either and I'm on day 7 right now. So weird since I'm used to side effects from 10mg.

OxfordDan
09-02-11, 20:28
Dont wish the side effects on yourself. It has to be doing something in your system and the less negative the better I think

ladybird64
09-02-11, 21:00
I think you have got to give these medications a fair chance to work as Sue has said at least 6 weeks, preferable longer.

Can I ask if those that say they feel no different at all, are you trying to make some lifestyle changes as well? Relaxation, therapy that type of thing?

The reason I mention this, and there is no offence intended, is that sometimes people expect to feel magically different just by taking the medication and carry on doing the same things that they have previously been doing.

I was only on Citalopram for 6 months last year so am no expert but I'm fairly sure that those who have been on different meds will agree with me..you have to put in a fair amount of work as well.

Good luck all :flowers:

cityinadream
09-02-11, 22:03
I've started trying to eat healthier and excersize and I've noticed I don't get frustrated as easy and I've started talking/wanting to socialize more, and can't sit still sometimes/feel restless.
Other than that, I feel like myself still. Day 9 today.