PDA

View Full Version : Been off Cit for 3 1/2 weeks - feel SO bad :/

Dontwanttobeamedsmum
29-01-11, 13:28
this had been the worst day, ive had a couple of days were i felt fantastic but a bad evening in work (were i kept snapping at my boss....Lol) and today dizziness like you wouldnt believe, sickness, reallu short tempered....
im getting little urges to take a pill...
but then the past 3 weeks have been for nothing...
would these symptoms just go as soon as i had a pill (i am thinking of taking just 20mg rather than my normal 40mg)
or do you think i should brass it out.

God i feel terrible. Gah! :/

JaneC
30-01-11, 00:01
Hiya. I know how it feels to have to go back on a med that you've come off as I went through it last year after getting bad advice from a doc - 10 days of hell and then right back to where I started, but sometimes cold turkey is just impossible to handle and 40 to 0 is a huge drop.

If you really feel you can't cope, it would be worth trying 20mg, I think, as you've already been off 40 for quite a while. I felt much better within about an hour of retaking a pill. Let us know what you decide and good luck :hugs:

iamspartacus
30-01-11, 08:51
These meds are not at all like 'drugs'. Its too much to risk cold turkeying as your brain needs to adjust to the shock. You will throw yourself into a bad withdrawal which can bring all your anxiety and depression problems right the way back. Im speaking from experience. Get back on the drug and consult your gp. the longer you wait, the harder it will be to stabilise back on the drug.

katiebean
30-01-11, 10:49
i'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I had a very similar experience a couple of months ago. I was gradually stepped down from 40mg cit over a few months. The first week of not taking any, I felt OK, then I went out for a night with some friends, drank a little too much wine, and the rest is history. I felt soooo terrible for about a week. I spoke to several different Drs, but not my usual one, who was on holiday. At the end of the third week I rang the duty Dr feeling extremely panicky and very depressed. He advised me to go back on 20mg. Then you have to go through the whole 'getting used to it again' thing. 2 weeks of side effects, like I had never taken it before. After 2 weeks, I began to feel better, but after a couple of little hiccups, felt like the dose needed to be increased, went back to the Drs and she agreed. I've been on 30mg now for about a month.
I'm disappointed that I didn't quite make it without the cit, but I learned a lot from the experience. Some people have to take blood pressure tablets etc everyday, and if I have to do cit to feel better then I will. I think it's improtant to let your Dr know how you feel. x

lynn1960
30-01-11, 12:52
i tried to stop mr ad because i felt better but after a couple of days felt worse went back on a maintenace dose now feeling better