PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel sick with panic?/ Can anyone Help me

Soprano_001
29-01-11, 21:23
Hi ,

This is my first post on the forum. I suffer from mild panic attacks but the main problem is that I feel sick during them. I get them in meetings during work. I'm sitting there waiting for my turn to speak and im holding back being sick. I sometimes boak and go to the toilet or usually spit up whatever food I have just eaten. I have started getting it before going out to resteraunts and the cinema ect. I'm wondering if there is anything or anyone that can help me or feels the same. I went to the doctor and they gave me propanolol but it doesnt really work.

I would really appreciate anyones thoughts or help. If anyone has any idea what I can do it would be like saving someone! Haha!

verity
29-01-11, 23:03
This is one of my main symptoms of anxiety! I feel totally nauseaus and cannot eat and if I do It makes me more nauseaus. I have also thought I would throw up and have done a couple of times. My dr told me that anxiety can produce excess stomach acid so put me on a course of Lanzoprosol..this could help you. Also it seems to me that public speaking is a trigger for you, work on this using cbt to get to the crux of the problem x

uk23
29-01-11, 23:07
If you have a Boots near you try getting some Domperidone (Motilium). It can be very helpful for that.

katiebean
30-01-11, 10:38
Me too, the nausea is my main symptom. I get so fed up with it. I too, have trouble at the cinema and restraunts, running off to the toilet to throw up. I have realised that the more I worry, the more acid gets produced at consequently the more upset my stomach gets. It's been like it this morning!!