PDA

View Full Version : The precious gem

Bill
30-01-11, 01:35
I know this little story will probably sound silly but when we feel very anxious and lose belief in our worthiness, I think it becomes very easy to focus on our negative feelings and regard ourselves as useless and pathetic to society......

As you're walking down the high street, you stop at a jewellers. You look in the window and this really expensive beautiful heart-shaped pendant catches your eye. You stand their admiring it's perfection but thinking to yourself how imperfect you are in comparison because every time you look at yourself in the mirror, all you see are what you feel are your faults compared to others.

As you stand there admiring this pendant, in the reflection of the window you see a beautiful young woman walking by who attracts the attention of all the fellas. As one such fella walks by in the other direction, he stops looking where he's walking and promptly trips over.

The attractive young woman and you both laugh at his stupidity but the young woman just carries on walking and ignores him. However, seeing that he's hurt, you go to him to make sure he's ok. He notices the other woman has ignored him and is grateful to you for helping him before you part company.

You return to the shop window but are suddenly aware that the fella has come back because he feels indebted to you. He looks in the window and also sees the expensive beautiful pendant. His gaze then returns up the street to the attractive young woman who inadvertently caused his fall but who ignored him. He then looks at you and as you turn to him to ask what he's looking at, he replies "How foolish the sexes can be when distracted by shallow beauty when the true beauty lies in those who cannot see it in themselves because those are the ones who truly compare with the precious gem you're admiring because their beauty is just as everlasting".

Like I say, I know it sounds silly but next time you're feeling very anxious and of no worth, ask yourself this..."Would you help someone in need without asking for anything in return?"...and if you would, you're far more precious to others than you realise because You are not with fault...it is they who are blinded by shallow illusions.:hugs:

KK77
30-01-11, 02:11
Lovely story Bill.

It's said that beauty is many things to many men. We should remember that there's beauty in helping others, sharing, supporting... For even a moment to put aside our selfish desires and do something selfless - without expecting something in return.

Thanks for sharing and keep posting Bill.

yvonne_uk_98
30-01-11, 02:15
HI Bill,

this is so beautiful, thank you touches my heart.

Yvonne

ditzygirl
30-01-11, 11:36
Bill that is lovely.

Thank you for sharing x

Bill
31-01-11, 01:53
How does a precious gem grow to not realise what they really are?

One such way.....?......

A baby is born to a mother who resents them because they never wanted children. The baby grows into a child who is screamed and shouted at because they are regarded as a nuisance. They become mentally, emotionally and physically abused. As they grow into a teen, they become very quiet and withdrawn which others teens use against them by bullying them. The teen lives a very lonely existence, never being shown any love or affection, no friends and unwanted. They grow to hate themselves for being so weak because anxiety grips them making them withdraw from society. They look in the mirror and loathe what they see and they selfharm to relieve their emotional pain. They have been convinced by their experiences and the anxiety that has resulted that they are not worthy of being loved and have no value as a person.

When they look in a jewellers window and see a heart-shaped pendant, all they see are their past, their pain and how their heart has always been broken. When they look at their reflection, they are filled with hatred towards themselves for not being stronger. All they see is themselves as being ugly and unworthy.

There are those who say we must first learn to love ourselves but I believe where there is a kind heart, it will always be loved by those who can see it and once found, they should forvever be treasured as the precious gem them really are, even if the gem can never see how precious they are themselves or what hope would be left for humanity?:hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
31-01-11, 21:22
Hi Bill,

I pm you, though this touched my heart, because my story is a bit like that, though I was wanted as a baby my life went wrong at the age of 2 years old, through simular like the story above, though a bit different, I'm grateful to know that I'm not the only one who has had a story to tell. Thank you for sharing.

this has helped me a lot.

love

Yvonne

Bill
01-02-11, 02:29
Something I posted some time ago which I hope may give you comfort...

A woman standing alone at her window as raindrops slowly fall down the glass mirroring her tears that flow from her lonely hurt filled eyes. A world beyond that exists that she can see but cannot feel or touch in her solitude. Confined by her fears, limited by her anxiety, seeking comfort and compassion that she herself cannot find from within. Yearning for the sun to appear from behind the clouds that fill her mind with a heavy fog over a frozen ice covered cold ground. Seeking the warmth that her dark room and four walls prevent her from feeling.

Who will care for her? Who will knock on her door to say I care? Who will say to her she's not alone?

Her sharp objects lie with reassuring reflections from the cold light of day that illuminates her darkened soul. Pill packets lie empty providing false hope of a future that will never be.

No one visits. No one can wrap her in angels wings to keep her safe. No one can provide a candles glow to bring back feelings to a forgotten life of lonely living.

Now.........picture her as a man........how I used to be and at times still am.......and why I care so much for those also there.:hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
01-02-11, 06:20
Thank you Bill, this is so beautiful. and so true. I know who my comforter is. each person if they choose to, will find their comforter.

Yvonne:hugs:

Bill
02-02-11, 04:47
My bed is my comforter, my pillow my pacifier, my sheet my soother, and there I can dream of a distant land where there are angels with comforting wings and princesses in flowing gowns, where fun is all around...then I wake up to the real world and turn back over! lol:hugs:

chatterbox
02-02-11, 19:11
hi bill
Those words you write are so comforting thank you and i agree that by helping others it can sometime help ourselves.by taking how minds off the worries and problems we have.And at the end of the day we all need people around and who we can turn to.Holly

Bill
03-02-11, 03:30
Thank you Holly.:hugs: I know I've posted the following before but perhaps it applies to everyone on this site because if it wasn't for others suffering the same their would be no one who would understand and then we really would be alone.

Solitude

She wore a green dress and her eyes were blue,
Someone would speak but she knew not who,
For her mind was confused in a hazy hue,
Like looking through droplets of a morning dew,

Images would appear, strange thoughts would flow,
From where they came she did not know,
She wished she could think clear as a winters snow,
But all she could feel was a constant low,

No one would listen, no one knew how,
But she needed help and she needed it now!
She was in such turmoil and surrounded by fear,
She was afraid to talk, for what people might think,
And her eyes would shed a lonely tear,

But help Was there,
Though she knew not from where,
She talked, they listened, they cared,
They were the only ones who understood and dared!:hugs: