PDA

View Full Version : Hi people

razocaine_07
19-03-04, 13:37
Hi, im mike from Teesside, England. Im 19 and have suffered from anxiety for over a year now. I joined here because i have tried other forums. The problem was that there was little activity or i found that relating with people from different countries was difficult. At the moment im taking Inderal and have yet to start counselling. I was refused CBT (cognitive therapy) on the basis that i wasnt "ill" enough [V]. Anyways im here to offer my help and services to all and also to learn from other people's experiences. So a big hello to everyone

MIKE x

kate
19-03-04, 14:01
Hiya Mike,

Welcome to the site!

Have a good look round. There is plenty of help and information from people who have suffered or who are still suffering.

Once again, welcome!

Kate x

razocaine_07
19-03-04, 15:17
ta luv, will do

Meg
19-03-04, 15:43
Hi Mike,

So how are you doing ?

Is the Inderal helping you to manage or have you learnt to handle your anxiety well anyway now.

What started yours off initially ?

You will find constant activity here, I hope you find it of benefit for you

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

razocaine_07
19-03-04, 15:56
Hi radar. Im doing fine thanx. The inderal helped with the physical side effects of the anxiety and gave me an oppertunity to get into the right frame of mind to tackle the anxiety on my own. After a year it has eased up but i still think about it when i get up and when i go to bed. I had to leave uni and am not in a job at the moment.
It started off with a serious illness which wasnt helped with drug abuse. It got to the point where my body and brain snapped and i went off the edge. I gotta really good doctor and she has done alot for me over what has to be the hardest year of my life. But i just keep chipping away, day by day.

Meg
19-03-04, 16:19
It never fails to amaze me what our bodies put up with and how we ignore the warning signs - so it all 'goes ping' as one of my friends used to say about me - Held together with elastic bands ...

Glad you're much better and able to tackle it yourself. What short term achievements are you heading for first with your counsellor ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

razocaine_07
19-03-04, 16:25
Im not quite sure yet until i go, but it will be to make a start on learning to take the edge off the anxiety when i go to sleep. Also i think i have to work out at what point it all started as alot of the worst parts have been blocked out

nomorepanic
20-03-04, 19:22
Hi Mike

Welcome to the site and thanks for the picture :D

I hope you find loads of advice on here and also offer your support and advice to others too. It seems to help by sharing and helping others.

Take care

Nicola

red
21-03-04, 23:03
Hi Mike!
Welcome aboard sir! Great attitude you have there. You are definately in the right place to get help and support. No-one will ever refuse to listen to you and wil help where they can.
Good luck and keep up the hard work!

Red
x

Meg
22-11-04, 22:35
Hey Mike ,

I just wanted to refresh my memory on your history.

How was the counselling and are you still on your inderal ?

Sounds like you're still doing well

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

LoopyLou
23-11-04, 18:39
Hi Mike,

Just wanted to welcome you. I've got loads of info on this site from past posts etc, really has helped me realise that I was not and am not completely bonkers (well am abit but I was born like that!) Have suffered with panic attacks and anxiety for some time now, and I to find bedtime the worst. I've cut back to virtually no booze at all (two weeks and going strong!) and like you have abused the drugs as well so this probably hasn't helped me. I cannot find the one point that triggered these things but I will keep searching.

I hope things improve for you and that therapy or whatever way you go helps you deal with this.

Keep smiling

vernon
28-11-04, 17:32
hi raz welcome to NMP Vernon

aytonangel
28-11-04, 18:25
A fellow Teesider [Wow!]

Hello there - hope we can help each other out. :)

razocaine_07
04-02-05, 15:53
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> posted by Meg 22nd November 2004
Hey Mike ,

I just wanted to refresh my memory on your history.

How was the counselling and are you still on your inderal ?

Sounds like you're still doing well </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi sorry it took ages and ages to reply. The counselling turned out to be really beneficial. And on the subject, i got a letter through the post today to say i got another appointment for sessions on the 10th Feb. Im no longer on the Inderal or Stemetil. I was diagnosed with post-viral fatigue sydrome (ME) on the 17th Jan '05 and i been on the medication for that. Im alot better than i have been, coping with the ME more than the anxiety, although both are problems