PDA

View Full Version : leukemia or lymphoma

j2
30-01-11, 14:08
I had a really rough night last night as I woke up covered in sweat to the point where I had towel off. I also have tons of bowel issues and nausea. I spent the rest of the night in a panic because night sweats is a symptom of blood cancer. I have had CBC/Blood chemistry twice in the last 3 months and both were fine. Can anyone tell me if the blood tests would have detected leukemia or lymphoma if I had it and it was causing these symptoms?

a very worried J2

j2
30-01-11, 16:23
Can anyone help me? Would blood cancer be picked up by CBC in the last few months? I had to be a nag but I am having trouble getting past this?

Little-Girl-Lost
30-01-11, 17:50
Hi j2,

For the most part, CBC blood tests will detect high white blood count and then there would be further testing to see if it had anything to do with leukaemia or lymphoma! I suffer from night sweats as well and numerous other symptoms that are symptomatic of Lymphoma. However, statistically, lymphoma is quite rare... Also, the problem with symptoms of lymphoma and leukemia are that they are umbrella symptoms that can be caused by hundreds of other sources.... Try not to panic too much! <3. I wish I could be more of a help.

Diva
30-01-11, 18:32
Blood tests would deffo have picked up - try not to worry xx

j2
31-01-11, 02:43
Thanks for the kind words. I am just all over the map with my symptoms and my emotions right now. I can't seem to get a handle on either of them.