PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lexapro question

Kalin
30-03-06, 01:10
I have four pills of Lexapro left, and I hcurrently have no refills. My general practitioner prescribed me only one month's worth and wanted me to see a psychiatrist who would then determine my medication. Well, I ended up sleeping through my psychiatrist appointment and the soonest I could get in was April 11 (this is all through a student health center).

I was wondering if I should cut my dose in half (from 10mg to 5mg) so I can extend actually having Lexapro in my system or if I should simply take the four pills as I normally would and the rest of it out. I know cutting off quickly is a bad idea and was thinking that halving my dose would help with withdrawal.

I do have Xanax (which I have yet to use) if my panic gets out of control on the few days I'm not on Lexapro.

Karen
30-03-06, 01:50
Hi Kalin

Could you contact your doctor and ask for a prescription to tide you over until you see the psychiatrist?

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Tetra
23-08-06, 20:01
Have you noticed a difference yet? My doctor told me that Lexipro would take about a month to start having an effect.

Southern_Belle
25-08-06, 05:01
Hi Tetra,

I think most anti-depressants take about 3 to 4 weeks to really get in your system. I know paxil did for me.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

chop
25-08-06, 22:21
Lexapro only took a few days to take effect with me and full effect in 6 weeks or so.
Very fast compared to others.

Hope that helps
Paul

Learning to under react