PDA

View Full Version : Last hurdle regarding hiv anxiety

lorenza
30-01-11, 21:51
Okay so if anyone has read my previous posts you'll know i recently had a negative hiv test a week and a bit ago, and obviously as soon as the initial euphoria wore off i was trying to think of ways it could be wrong.

I think I have reached the final obstacle in my mind and I just want to clarify, I have become afraid that when I have been very drunk someone has injected me or had sex with me and I have not been aware the next day, despite no evidence to suggest this at the time.

But even though it's fairly obvious this wouldn't have happened, I live in a town with pretty much 0 crime rate for one thing, and I probably would have had some suspicions before, but on the very very OFF CHANCE that this did happen, the last time I was that drunk was at the beginning of july last year.

So, my test done on the second week of January would have shown up something IF it was possible for me to have it right? Because 6 months is the general benchmark for being certain you don't have it?

jothenurse
31-01-11, 00:48
It would have shown up in your test by now.
Try to relax and know you are ok.

lorenza
31-01-11, 01:19
That's what I thought! And all the official sites like nhs and tht etc say three months is like 95% certain and by 6 months you can be sure, but then you also catch sight of the things saying 'I didn't find out for a year!' and then it freaks you right back out again.

jothenurse
31-01-11, 02:03
Don't read/google about it. Trust that your test was negative and believe that.