PDA

View Full Version : God is the answer

shaz_mh
31-01-11, 00:46
i onky suffered from what they call panic attacks and anxiety for 3months, it was real bad but wen i gave myself to god not sayin we all should until we are ready but sometimes u come along way thinkin u can overcome anything in life but i couldnt jesus was my answer and i can sit here and say he saved me i do not suffer from anything not at all, i couldnt sleep alone but now i do and have the best sleeps ever. i read some stories where it took people 10years to overcome it but it took me less than that i thank my loooord praise him because that is when i knew my god really does care for me and he is aliveee amen, we can all do it through who strengths us.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Amen.

Praise god, i lift your name on high...

daisycake
31-01-11, 00:58
Glad it helps you :) I must agree with you on that, faith can be of a huge comfort - I was brought up a Catholic and find it hugely comforting x

Daisy :hugs:

loveletter
31-01-11, 21:53
Love your post.
I found the true and living God 25 years ago.
I still have my agoraphobia, globes hysterics, amd ocd but I know one day he will heal me of this.
Could be today next week next year or when I get my glorified body
I trust him every day of my life.
I too thought I would never sleep alone when my husband died almost 4 years ago but I do sleep alone and every night I lay my head down with the Lord

yvonne_uk_98
31-01-11, 22:05
Amen, Praise God!

bottleblond
31-01-11, 22:25
As much as i think it's nice that a 'small' minority of members have something to believe in and that gives comfort, we are not a religious forum.

It's a bit like politics, causes far too much conflict and if we had posts regarding say the 'Labour' party for instance, I would again have to step in and say it's not really appropriate for this site.

I await to be shot down in flames. Lol

Lisa
xx

judipat
31-01-11, 23:45
I agree with Lisa:

Shaz

Think about your words of wisdom very carefully;

i read some stories where it took people 10years to overcome it but it took me less than that i thank my loooord praise him because that is when i knew my god really does care for me and he is aliveee amen, we can all do it through who strengths us.

There are many people on this forum that are very ill and very desperate to cling on to anything that might make them better.
There are also people that oppose religion in any form or who carry huge guilt regarding religion.

I'm sure you did not mean harm by this post and i'm glad it worked for you, however, you are on very dangerous ground here and that golden rule still stands;
Never discuss politics or religion.

Anxious_gal
01-02-11, 01:55
yes everyones experience of anxiety is different.
so many factors are involed too,
like your history, how you were treated, the things you've been through, your biology, the list goes on.

saying that I do think that having a belief something that gives you hope and makes you feel less alone can be a very powerful thing.

also the church going, it helps unite people and bring commutes together through a common interests.

Meewah
01-02-11, 19:39
What ever works for you is great. Personally as a Buddhist I love the evolutionary biology reasons for anxiety they seem so simple and easy to understand.

Mee

shaz_mh
11-02-11, 00:13
@ judipat (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=5738)

i have seen your post annd i would like to disagree with it because i will put up the posts how i feel. i dont know you might feel like maybe i didnt go through alot but i did and what i am saying is god was my answer he helped me and saved me and if i want to praise him by putting it on here i will because i am happy about it and i want to share the news with everyone because when i had no where to turn to i turned to my lord and he saved me so am, quite upset with the way you said i shouldnt discuss anything because the fact is i am proud and i would shout it out to the word because my god is a good god, i wasnt saying it to hurt anyones feelings or anything i jsuut wanted to share my words of joy... and glory to him everyday Amen.

Veronica H
11-02-11, 09:12
Glad you found something that worked for you. I wish you well. It is not surprising that as this is an illness of how we think, then finding something to occupy your mind would help. Meditation is very effective for example...promoting a particular religion or political view point should be discouraged on a site like this in my opinion, for the reasons that Lisa has already stated.

Veronicax

ladybird64
11-02-11, 12:49
@ judipat (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=5738)

i have seen your post annd i would like to disagree with it because i will put up the posts how i feel. i dont know you might feel like maybe i didnt go through alot but i did and what i am saying is god was my answer he helped me and saved me and if i want to praise him by putting it on here i will because i am happy about it and i want to share the news with everyone because when i had no where to turn to i turned to my lord and he saved me so am, quite upset with the way you said i shouldnt discuss anything because the fact is i am proud and i would shout it out to the word because my god is a good god, i wasnt saying it to hurt anyones feelings or anything i jsuut wanted to share my words of joy... and glory to him everyday Amen.

Hello Shaz

Like Veronica, I am always happy to see that somebody has found their own personal way forward and Im glad that you feel so good.

I'm afraid it isn't a case of you writing what you want on here though, if admin staff (which Bottleblond is) feel that a post is not suitable they have the right to ask you not to post things of that nature.

Yvonne has started a prayer thread for those who would like to be remembered in prayer but it is low key and more in keeping with the site in general.

Please respect others feelings too and try to remember that this is not actually a praise and worship site. :flowers:

shaz_mh
28-02-11, 00:09
okay that is fine, my apologies

shaz_mh
28-02-11, 00:10
if i have offended anyone