PDA

View Full Version : Weak

phil06
31-01-11, 13:59
Does anybody get sudden weakness? Like today in hoping to paint but I have yet to do anything today yet I feel sea sick, weak, strange, laggy, run down like on going to faint. I've had it slot the past few weeks and sometimes I feel I need to eat or I have sugar cravings.

How can this be as I have done nothing? Will I faint if I do anything? Is this anxiety and chronic fatigue? :huh:

PokerFace
31-01-11, 14:01
I feel like that when I havn't done anything and just been sitting down or lying down all day. If you go and paint and do some stuff and not focus on it you'll probably find it goes away. x

Jonah
31-01-11, 14:18
you may have low blood sugar, that can leave you feeling weak/shakey.

phil06
31-01-11, 14:38
I was like this last week and it took me until the evening to move and do anything.

I've been battling negative thoughts like fears o dying and derealization.

Had something to eat and still feel wozy though and my eyes feel like they have a film over them. Am I dying? :ohmy:

kah
31-01-11, 15:11
Hi,

Last June I was diagnosed with Post Viral Fatigue which is the same thing as Chronic Fatigue and my main symptoms were muscle and joint pain, weakness/fatigue, nausea, dizziness, chest pain, breathlessness, brain fog and many more..... I honestly felt like I was dying!
The only way to get better from this illness is to rest. Trying to do more than your body is ready for will ultimately make you worse. I was ill for 9 months, 2 of those I couldn't even leave the house and I still feel the effects of it today.
I would take it easy for a couple of days and see how you feel. If you still feel the same maybe you are coming down with a virus or maybe you do have PVF. A trip to see your GP will put your mind at rest.

Take care and hope you feel better soon

K xx

P.S. Had to edit just to say it might be worth taking a look at this website http://www.postviralfatigue.me.uk/symptoms.aspx It was a life-saver for me when I was really ill. If you read some of the stories from PVF sufferers you may be able to identify with them and that will put your mind at rest that you haven't got a life-threatening illness xxx

LucyR
31-01-11, 15:25
Hi, I get this and its all too easy to think you will just go back to bed and feel better, but I always feel worse. I find if I do do something then as someone has already said I begin to feel better and fresher for it, whereas if I just lounge around I just feel ill and it never gets better, so I would say just try to go on and occupy yourself painting etc. anything that gives you an interest in keeping going you will begin to feel better. I hope you feel better soon.

phil06
31-01-11, 19:01
My dad was diagnosed with diabetes last week.

I'm worried that maybe I have it? Being weak is a symptom.

Anxious_gal
31-01-11, 20:55
I had my blood sugar checked, with that prick thing and the paper that people with diabities use by my doctor and I hadn't eaten that day or all night but my sugar lever was normal.
I've been getting that faint feeling, it's flipping scary and when it comes with dizziness even more so. a few times I really felt like I would faint.
But after having is so long now I can make my self ignore it most of the time :-(
I'm so fed up of waiting to feel better but instead I feeling worse with all the symptoms.

all we can do is try and stay positive and not give up trying to live our lives x

phil06
15-02-11, 21:28
I seem to get the weak/tired thing around 8 or 9pm every night recently. I am eating fine and sleeping long enough yet feel very tired.

I'm not really that active to feel so weak. Even after eating a biscuit I still feel weak. Not even getting panic attacks sometimes..

I don't get it why do I feel hungry or weak if I am eating ok? why so I feel sudden tiredness? I'm worried I'll suddenly fall asleep or something. :huh:

phil06
17-04-20, 19:13
This symptom returned today after working. I felt fine at work but I came home and felt very weak for no reason. My worry is this symptom won’t go away and will be ill? I did have something sweet to eat to help but the weak feeling makes me feel anxious

nomorepanic
18-04-20, 13:12
You last had this 9 years ago and it went away then