PDA

View Full Version : period pain with a UTI?

daisycake
31-01-11, 14:19
After about six weeks of UTI symptoms, during which I've been given one course of antibioitics, two courses of thrush medications, a further four week course of antibiotics, and now a 7 day course of new antiobiotics, I'm getting very frustrated. Was in A&E Sat and Sun being completely unable to wee without forcing myself - they told me just to "force myself" and had me produce a sample on both days - Saturday was completely clear of any infection - Sunday they said they are sending it away for more sophisticated tests, there are "floaters" in it too which I think has left them concerned..

Thing is I have no normal UTI symptoms - just struggling to wee, only feeling the need to go once a day if that (despite drinking everything in sight), constant period pain cramping, a headache, achy feeling in the tops of my legs and being very very sore and tight internally.. Starting to think I might have PID or something - they have taken internal swabs just to check but wont get results until Wed..!

So what do I do now? They said maybe constipation and prescribed laxatives - which I don't think is the case as I'm "going" twice a day!!

Me mam says to wait until Wed when all the results come back - and if they come back clear, ask to be reffered to gynae or urology? Does this sound look a good idea? NHS 24 says if I don't go for 12 hours for a wee I've to ring my gp or go to A&E but it's not quite that bad yet...?

Just interested if anyone has had similar issues and can give advice x

I probably sound like a right miserable person, sorry! Even DR pretty mch accused me of making the whole lot up so...

daisycake
31-01-11, 16:17
Mum has just suggested PMS, period is a week late so maybe..