PDA

View Full Version : Made a bit of a mistake

hallam11
31-01-11, 20:27
Hello

Well I have made a mistake and need a little advice? I am a 24 year girl and i am a virgin...or should I say was.

I met someone and today we slept together..I didn't expect it and we got swept away in the moment anyway against my better judgement we did not use protection....I know it was a very stupid thing to do and I am panicking a little bit truth be told. He has told me he went for a check up 2/3 weeks ago and it was clear and I do believe him although I will get myself checked. He didn't let himself "go" inside me although i do realise that's not only how someone can get pregnant or catch something.

I have made an appointment with a g u clinic for tomorrow but what I would like to know is what happens as I have never been to one before. Also I was wondering how long after sexual intercourse you can have sti and std tests?

Thanks

Laura x

Vixxy
31-01-11, 21:10
Hi. They'll ask you some questions about your sexual history. And the history of any of your partners. Then you will be given your risk factor. Finally they'll take swabs and possible a blood test. Im not sure how long an infection would take to show up, they'll advise you on that when you see them. You'll probably be given the morning after pill though.
Good luck. Theyre usually extremely friendly, so youll be fine^^

countrygirl
31-01-11, 22:45
For serious infections like HIV which I have to say is not one you should worry about but this is one they test for they like to leave it 6 weeks before testing for this one unless things have changed recently??? maybe someone knows more ( I worked for a Drs and this was how it was then).

This used to be because it can take 6 weeks for the antibodies to show up in your blood but as I say someone may have more knowledge than me and of course when you go to the clinic they will tell you all anyway.

fingers crossed you will be fine and am sure you will be more careful in future.

hallam11
08-02-11, 20:53
Thank you both for your comments.
I had to cancel my first appointment due to a meeting so I had to go to boots to get the morning after pill and then I went to the clinic two days after. They told me I have to go back in 2 weeks so I will be back then.

x